INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Shows Got Tagged as Movies  (Read 4003 times)

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
TV Shows Got Tagged as Movies
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:21:58 pm »

Every single tv-show episode I have, is now marked as "movie". Lately I also noticed, that JRiver does not honor saved categories for tv shows on import and treats them as movie.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
TV Shows Got Tagged as Movies
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:39 pm »

Every single tv-show episode I have, is now marked as "movie". Lately I also noticed, that JRiver does not honor saved categories for tv shows on import and treats them as movie.

Do you mean that previously recorded and tagged as TV Shows are now marked as Movies? I'm not seeing that. I would think the mass re-tagging of TV Shows would only happen if a process to do so was initiated.

Also, I just did a quick test on MC20.0.108 and the TV show I recorded was tagged as with a "Media Type" of "Video" and a "Media Sub Type" of "TV Show".

Or are you talking about TV Shows ripped from DVD and imported? That often will tag shows as movies, apparently, but I haven't got examples of that. All my TV Shows that were imported from other sources and not recorded are correctly tagged though.

Can you provide more information?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: TV Shows Got Tagged as Movies
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:32:41 pm »

Also no problems here with any new imports, and if it somehow changed existing metadata, I'd have pitchforks out.

I believe there is something about DVD Rips being imported as [Media Sub Type] Movie by default, however. Definitely need more info here.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:45:29 am »

Another thing: I have a movie called "THX 1138" in my collection. Often when I check the tags, JRiver puts the THX into [Series] and I have to correct it manually. All files are stored in mkv and saved on a NAS. JRiver is on a Win8.1N x64 / Admin User system.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:28:58 am »

I have a bunch of movies that do that, most of the sequels....so Aliens 3 turns into aliens se3.  I've never cared much since I don't import dozens of such films at a time, it's easy to fix.

Make sure to change the media subtype to Movie!  Or else it will just change back your name fix

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 12:18:13 pm »

There is an issue with re-importing DVD rips that has been around since MC17.
If you are re-importing dvd rips (ifo), MC fills the media subtype field with "Movie" regardless of what value tag on import uses.
ie. When re-importing, media subtype field will never be anything other than "Movie"
Even when the sidecar file has TV Show in it, it will still come in as a movie.

Your issue with Aliens3 importing as Alien 03 looks like an issue with your file naming conventions.
Carnac thinks it's a TV Show because of the S3. Are your movies in a folder Called "Movie"?
There isn't a movie called Aliens 03, it's Alien 3
If your movie's file name was something like "Movies\Alien 3 1992" you may have better luck.

I check for wrong media subtypes with a view I made that shows files with:
Media subtype does not equal "TV Show"
Filename contains "\TV Show\"
This works because my movies are in a Movie folder and my TV shows are in a TV Show folder.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 04:39:43 pm »

There is an issue with re-importing DVD rips that has been around since MC17.

It isn't a bug. That's just the way it is designed. All IFOs import as [Media Sub Type]=Movie.

You could argue that it shouldn't be that way, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. I think it is likely because doing the full "Carnac" thing on DVD rips isn't practical, or would be very slow (parsing IFOs isn't speed-racer quick). In any case, all IFOs import as Movies. That's the way MC has worked for a long time.

Another thing: I have a movie called "THX 1138" in my collection. Often when I check the tags, JRiver puts the THX into [Series] and I have to correct it manually. All files are stored in mkv and saved on a NAS. JRiver is on a Win8.1N x64 / Admin User system.

I still don't understand tyler69's issue.  Please explain if you only see this behavior with newly imported videos, or if it happens to videos already in your Library.

"THX 1138" is, depending on the filename, probably one that might confuse the Carnac logic while it is being imported.  It should be recognized as a Movie, if the file duration is long enough, but perhaps something else is going on there.

But, if you've already imported it, fixed the tags, and then MC is changing things you've manually entered after the fact, then something else more serious is going on.

If it is the latter, I'd guess that at least a portion of your Library is getting cleared somehow, perhaps by the Fix Broken Links feature. In any case, we'll need a lot more information before we can help.

Please describe in MUCH more detail what you're seeing happening. If your post isn't a few paragraphs long, you're not including enough. Giving specific examples, including filenames on disk, and the exact step-by-steps of what happens is essential. Including a screenshot or two might not hurt either.

Thanks.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up