INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding songs that need analysis with Smartlists  (Read 4775 times)

12stringman

Finding songs that need analysis with Smartlists
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:53:18 am »

My problem is that I have somehow removed/lost the smartlist that allows me to see songs that need analysis. I can't seem to figure out how to remake the smartlist for doing this. Any chance that someone can help or point me in the right direction. Many thanks.

12stringman

Re: Finding songs that need analysis with Smartlists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:02:10 am »

I found out how to add "Stock Playlists" and this solved my problem. No response required.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:42:29 am »

Glad you were able to sort things out yourself.

This is for those following in your footsteps:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 10:21:13 am »

Recreating the Stock Smartlists is documented here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Default_Smartlists

However, I actually prefer a non-stock Needs Analysis search.  I don't remember anymore, but I don't think the stock one has been updated for the new Analysis system, and I think it could miss some that were analyzed the old way, but don't have all of the information filled.

Instead, I use this:

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio],[Video] [=If(IsEqual(IsEmpty([Volume Level (R128)]):IsEmpty([Volume Level (Replay Gain)]):IsEmpty([Dynamic Range (R128)]):IsEmpty([Dynamic Range (DR)]):IsEmpty([Peak Level (R128)]):IsEmpty([Peak Level (Sample)]):IsEmpty([BPM]), 1, 7), 1, 0)]=1 ~sort=[Media Type]-d,[Filename]
That will find any audio or video file which is missing a value in any one of these fields:
* [Volume Level (R128)]
* [Volume Level (Replay Gain)]
* [Dynamic Range (R128)]
* [Dynamic Range (DR)]
* [Peak Level (R128)]
* [Peak Level (Sample)]
* [BPM]

It works based on this expression:
Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual(IsEmpty([Volume Level (R128)]):IsEmpty([Volume Level (Replay Gain)]):IsEmpty([Dynamic Range (R128)]):IsEmpty([Dynamic Range (DR)]):IsEmpty([Peak Level (R128)]):IsEmpty([Peak Level (Sample)]):IsEmpty([BPM]), 1, 7), at least one empty, all filled)
Which works based on this handy method to do AND, OR, and XOR type operations in Expressions:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Boolean_Operations

As is my custom, I find it works best if you make a Media View for these, instead of using an actual Smartlist. That way, you can use Panes to filter the results, and select only those files you want to deal with at the moment. Make a new Media View and add this same search to the Set Rules for File Display search in the View. This works best, obviously, if you have a custom Advanced top-level Media View which shows all files (audio, video, images, etc with no restrictions).

Click to embiggen.

It works quite well. I do find that I occasionally have files that are partially analyzed (and I need to deselect the Skip Analyzed Files option in the Analyzer dialog to get them to re-analyze). I think these are all old files that were analyzed with MC's old system, and haven't been re-done. Not sure. Either way, this search ensures all of the relevant fields get filled.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 11:32:45 am »

Woooow, glynor, what a brilliant idea to solve it this way, I never thought about to solve it with a media view, which is obviously more than smart.

Hans Weiland

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 01:22:11 pm »

uiuiui... I just was implementing your solution and ooooops - suddenly I have found a huge difference in listed songs compared to my old "smartlist".
After digging a bit deeper I found that

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Volume Level (ReplayGain)]=[]
[Media Type]=[Audio] IsEmpty([Volume Level (Replay Gain)])

is delivering different search results  ? ? ?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 01:26:59 am »

Glynor, how did you get 'Advanced' into the tree?  I didn't know we could create custom tree sections?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 03:11:14 am »

Glynor, how did you get 'Advanced' into the tree?  I didn't know we could create custom tree sections?

Create a new Library View, and in the very first dialog, select "(Root)" in the Location drop down at the bottom.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 07:01:54 am »

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Volume Level (ReplayGain)]=[]
[Media Type]=[Audio] IsEmpty([Volume Level (Replay Gain)])

I believe IsEmpty() will be the more accurate one in this case, though I haven't tested it thoroughly to see what it does in this particular instance. IsEmpty() checks to see if the result is equivalent to empty (which would include 0 or an all-whitespace string). The former only checks for an actual null string value.

One recommendation, actually, that you might want to alter... Some files end up with BPM=0, even after they're analyzed.  So, you might want to remove the BPM check. I leave it in because I like to see these and make sure they're right. With my exact expression, because of this, you'll probably never manage to get the list to go completely blank.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 08:07:55 am »

I also have a bunch of files which analyze with a volume level of exactly 0.0, which is considered empty in smartlists, so they also tend to show up when using that condition.
Just important to remember. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 10:53:12 am »

I also have a bunch of files which analyze with a volume level of exactly 0.0, which is considered empty in smartlists, so they also tend to show up when using that condition.
Just important to remember. :)

That probably explains it. I haven't seen a bunch of those, but that would make sense.

Pages: [1]   Go Up