INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 4390 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 20.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:36 am »

This is the latest version of MC20 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200124.dmg

20.0.124 (6/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Text strings with diacritical marks were sorting in the wrong order in list views. Now 'A'and 'Â" sort together for example.
2. Changed: Tweaked audio feeder and playback thread priorities and policies to reduce dropouts.

20.0.122 (6/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Send to > External Application now works as expected.
2. Adjusted audio feeder Mach thread policy to minimize dropouts under high cpu load.

20.0.116 (6/3/2015)

1. Changed: Custom Resources, Custom Webpages, and Custom Art will now be stored in "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 20/Data".
2. Fixed: Custom Webpages now load.

20.0.115 (6/2/2015)

1. Changed: Skins folder moved to Application Support so user added skins are preserved when an update is installed.

20.0.113 (5/29/2015)

1. Fixed: Crash importing/playing from network drives on 10.6.8 systems.
2. Changed: Tweaked the audio buffering system to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.112 (5/28/2015)

1. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
2. NEW: Full support for native DTS-HD decoding.
3. Changed: Use native cache folder on Mac for Media Center's conversion cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.jriver.mediacenter/conversion_cache
4. Changed: Increased audio feeder thread to real-time priority to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.94 (4/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Audio CD Ripping would sometimes create duplicate track entries in the database.
2. Changed: Streamlined auto-import to reduce extraneous activity when mass changes are made within Media Center.
3. Fixed: Freezes or crashes could occur when importing or converting large batches of WMA format files.
4. NEW: External audio encoders are now supported.
5. Fixed: The group component of the benchmark was slow for the last few builds.
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
8. Fixed: Handheld device Eject was unreliable.
9. Changed: Revised upward the estimated bitrate of lossless codecs. Makes predictions of how much transcoded music a handheld device can hold more accurate.
10. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) can now be enabled for DLNA and format conversion.

20.0.87 (3/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when the option was enabled.
2. Fixed: Artist or Album names beginning with a period would cause problems syncing with handheld devices.  Now underscores are used in place of leading periods in folder names on the device created during a sync operation.
3. Fixed: After playing a track directly from CD, a message could pop-up saying the disc could not be identified.
4. Fixed: WebKit plugins are now disabled.  Plugins (e.g. Silverlight) could cause crashes and freezes when MC was displaying web pages.
5. Fixed: The drive was identified as /:\ on the CD misread Information dialog.
6. Fixed: Syncing files with conversion enabled would cause files to re-convert on every sync.
7. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when this option was enabled.
8. NEW: When songs in MC's library are stored on a network share drive, the drive is now bookmarked by MC so if it's not mounted after a reboot, MC will automatically re-mount the drive when needed.
9. Fixed: CD ripping would sometimes fall out of secure mode.
10. Fixed: Many Retina mode scaling improvements.
11. Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tooltip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
12. Fixed: Requesting a File List or Cover Art over MCWS for a very slow executing Smart List (ie. Missing Files) could result in all MCWS queries being delayed until the request was completed.
13. Fixed: MOV/MP4 files could have the wrong information in the Compression field.
14. Fixed: Multichannel DSD wrapped by DoPE was overflowing the buffer resulting in noise or crashes.
15. Fixed: Podcasting could download duplicate tracks (only maybe fixed, so testing appreciated).
16. Fixed: Some w64 files did not import/play.
17. NEW: ID3 tags from w64 files are properly imported.
18. Fixed: Playing FLAC+CUE files could result in some tracks being skipped in the recent builds.
19. Changed: A/V sync is maintained more aggressively at the start of video playback.
20. Fixed: Seeking a Linked Zone over Gizmo would cause MC to hang.
21. Fixed: The player evaluating "Playlist Remaining Time" could hang (only maybe fixed, testing appreciated).
22. NEW: Linked zones can optionally enter a playback rate so that a zone that plays slower or faster can be corrected (the 'Adjust Link Timing' dialog allows entering a rate).
23. Fixed: Very short convolution filter would not load properly at all times.
24. Fixed: Pressing Enter key following in-place editing no longer initiates a "Play" command.
25. Fixed: Playing/importing APE files from read-only drives was not working (regression).

20.0.80 (3/2/2015)

1. Fixed: App signing issue on some systems.

20.0.74 (2/21/2015)

1. Fixed: When syncing files to a linux based handheld device (i.e. Android), forward slashes within artist or album names would cause the destination path to be wrong.
2. Fixed: External storage cards on handheld devices were not always showing up in MC without doing a manual re-detect of devices.
3. Fixed: Many CD ripping problem fixes.
4. Fixed: Auto-import was sometimes importing image and 'data' files which aren't supported.
5. Fixed: A CUE parsing issue where the last track would not work because the playback range was parsing incorrectly if the CUE file spanned multiple tracks.
6. Fixed: Reading a SACD ISO with empty data packets could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Made the SACD ISO parser a little more forgiving.
8. NEW: Added a 'Total Tracks' field to the library.  Currently updated from MP3 files, MP4 files, FLAC files, and during CD ripping.
9. NEW: Added a 'Total Discs' field to the library, which is updated from MP3, MP4, and FLAC files.
10. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
11. NEW: Support for playing HTTP Live Streaming streams (both video/audio and audio-only).
12. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
13. Fixed: CD ripping was always using secure mode regardless of user setting.
14. Fixed: Prior to any CD play or rip activity, the options dialog did not always show the installed CD drives.
15. Fixed: If CD ripping was started from the list header button, the initial ripping action window would still show after ripping was complete.
16. Fixed: During Handheld sync, if no files were being uploaded (just deletions taking place), sync process would stall out with "Working..." displayed in action window.
17. Fixed: Use defaults for empty media file location base paths read from the registry.
18. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
19. Fixed: WMA files would not play on some OS X 10.6 systems.

20.0.67 (2/9/2015)

1. Fixed: Occasional crash at startup due to splash screen.
2. NEW: Video conversions now supported!
3. Fixed: Crashes in the file converter when using DSP plugins.

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: SACD playback was broken for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Avoids importing files from within app bundles and installer packages.  Avoid importing images.

20.0.63 (1/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached and could remain showing over the top of other views (really fixed this time).
2. Fixed: Video display in action window would display over the top of other action window views.

20.0.62 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Purchase links were not going to the new page.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. NEW: Selecting audio streams in Video files.
2. NEW: Chapter selection in the OSD and context menus for videos.

20.0.57 (1/16/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.124 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:27 pm »

This version is not detected in the Update Channel - Check for Updates (When set to Latest).

Peregrino

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:23 am »

This version is not detected in the Update Channel - Check for Updates (When set to Latest).

That's been the case with the last few updates in my experience.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 08:04:05 am »

Worked for me.
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

rkl2525

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:36:21 pm »

I just downloaded this update to my Macbook Air and now I cannot get JRemote to connect to this computer. It was working fine before I downloaded this update. I deleted this server and set it up again and it stayed connected for a few seconds be fore it lost the connection.

rkl

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 03:00:47 pm »

I'll move your post, but it is probably not a program problem.  Try powering everything off and back on, including the network.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 02:22:19 pm »

Still getting some dropouts when Mac is busy, 2012 Mac Mini i5 10G RAM. Also seeing interface "delays" with this update. Click on a song and after about 2 seconds, will get the color wheel for about 3-5 more seconds.
Update channel has been working fine for me.

Djordje

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 04:10:09 pm »

Crash while playing 96Khz flac file and simultaniously converting sacd ISO 2 channel tracks to .m4a lossless.

Peregrino

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 05:43:39 pm »

I've been getting dropouts with 352.8 wav and flax files since I upgraded to this version. I didn't get this previously. 2014 i7 Mac mini with 16 gb ram and latest Yosemite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up