INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to change (load) libraries from theaterview as of yet?  (Read 3529 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

building two new htpc's and i'd like to set them up with just the theaterview interface... is it possible as of yet for us to change libraries from within theaterview?
or maybe change libraries with logitech remote via some sort of macro without having to go back to standard view?

Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team

It's always been possible, I think, because there is a command line option to do it.

Launch External Program: mc20.exe /Library <library_name>

Does this not work from within Theater View or something?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

HTPC4ME

ive never tried it..didnt know it was possible. where\what do i do to test?
thanks

HTPC4ME

well i tried going to settings\theaterview add external program, the i typed in C:\Windows\System32\MC20.exe\MainLibrary2-VM
(MainLibrary2-VM) is the name of second library)
and then when i went to theaterview, i seen the MainLibrary2-VM but when i click on it/press select on remote nothing happens.

Any more tips would be appreciated

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

C:\Windows\System32\MC20.exe\MainLibrary2-VM

I'm sure that is just a typo, because it should have been;

C:\Windows\System32\MC20.exe /Library MainLibrary2-VM

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

HTPC4ME

thanks for the reply RoderickGI
i did type it wrong. im getting some action now...when i click on that library, theaterview flashes and i can see desktop, then theaterview comes back, but when i then scroll left/right to videos, recently imported. it is still the main library (main library 2 is not loaded)

and if i exit theaterview, and goto standard view under playing from it states main library 1, not 2. so there is some flickering happening, but libraries are not changing

HTPC4ME

after some thought... what im wanting may not work.

the main library1 is on server and main library 2 is on same server in virtual.

I'm trying to connect to Main library2 from a client thats connected to main library 1. wouldnt i need to enter the access key as program/command? other wise if i was out of home network it would be searching c\windows? correct?

i dunno what im doing here just throwing some thoughts out to achieve the task.
thanks for the help so far.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

If library1 is on the physical server, and library2 is on the virtual server, then that command as it stands definitely won't work.

You would be, in fact, changing servers, and so yes, you would need to point the client at the correct server, which is best done using the access key. You would also need to make sure that the virtual server is visible on your network, to other PCs including your client PC.

There may be an additional command line parameter that will connect to the correct server and MC library. Have a look through this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line
I couldn't see anything obvious though. There is a /Connect that connects you to another host. That may work if Media Server is running on that host. Not sure. Try it.

C:\Windows\System32\MC20.exe /Connect m01p://virtualserver /Library MainLibrary2-VM        [Don't ask me why "m01p". I guess that is the Media Server protocol?]

There is also the /MCC command and all the MCC Commands, but I could see anything obvious there either.

Actually, it shouldn't be that hard, if the correct libraries are the default on each server, and the virtual server is visible on the network. Remotes and clients do it all the time.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

HTPC4ME

You would also need to make sure that the virtual server is visible on your network, to other PCs including your client PC.
Main library 2 works in home network/and outside of home network fine. its just getting theaterview to switch to it im having difficulty with.

Actually, it shouldn't be that hard, if the correct libraries are the default on each server, and the virtual server is visible on the network. Remotes and clients do it all the time.
yeah i wouldnt think it would be hard... in standard view one just clicks file library, and then clicks the library they'd like to load. and then jriver accesses it, verifies authent, then connects. so i would think this could be done from theaterview somehow?.

when running these suggestions and theaterview flashes quickly, i am not noticing the typical popup that states jriver is connecting to server/library. (the one that shows when you use file\library or when you use playing now\playing from and choose a library.)

HTPC4ME

i just ran a weird little test... on client in home network connected to server in home network i went to playing now/playing from, right clicked chose to unhide the main lib 2, and then i went to theaterview clicked on the main library 2 and this time theaterview flashed to desktop for about 10 seconds and then flashed back to theaterview (no connection dialogs popped up) and then i moved my arrows in theaterview to the left to videos but sadly the main library 1 was still loaded. 

im not sure if this extra 10 second desktop showing is maybe a sign it was trying? and my prior tests when main lib2 was hidden that theaterview noticed it was hidden and thats why it flashed back to theaterview within a miliisecond?

Pages: [1]   Go Up