INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plans for MC21  (Read 32767 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Plans for MC21
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:43:45 am »

In a few weeks, we'll begin to shut down work on MC20 and begin MC21.

We've already switched to an MC21 license, so if you buy now or upgrade, you'll get an MC21 license that works with MC20 and will also work with MC21 when it is available.

We'll be working in several areas.

FEATURE REQUESTS
We're always happy to hear what you want.  Some of the best features in MC have started as user suggestions.

Priority will be given to simple changes.  Rewriting big sections of code for little gain won't happen.

Please use one of the existing threads for any ideas you have.

SERVICES
We know that services like Youtube or Pandora are important to many of you.  We'll do our best to provide an assortment of choices.

Doctor Who -- JRiver's playlist server.   Improved

TELEVISION
Over the Air (OTA) TV is a very viable alternative to cable in many areas.  The quality of digital TV is often better than cable.  Because Microsoft seems to be backing away from Windows Media Center, MC is now frequently being considered as an alternative.  We want to win those contests.   Many Things Done

REMOTE SOLUTIONS
Being able to manage or record media in one place, but play it in another is already an important use of Media Center.  We want to make this easier and better.  It's a big messy problem with lots of moving parts, but we're committed to making it seamless.   Partially Done

PORTING
Over the last couple of years, we've succeeded in porting the Windows version of JRiver Media Center to Linux and Mac.  We're now working on Android, though it will be a much simpler implementation, something similar to JRemote.  After that, we'll probably do iOS.  These apps will be sold separately from MC.

EASE of USE
We're always looking for ways to make MC easier and more comfortable for new users.   Several Changes Made

APPEARANCE
This is a tough area since people see things so differently, but we're committed to improving the interface.   Retina and 4K Support Done

MAC and LINUX
We expect to add image and video management and playback.  Done

New in MC21

JGAG

Re: Plans for MC21
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:39:16 am »

TELEVISION
Over the Air (OTA) TV is a very viable alternative to cable in many areas.  The quality of digital TV is often better than cable.

Because Microsoft seems to be backing away from Windows Media Center, MC is now frequently being considered as an alternative.  We want to win those contests.
Get's my vote!
I'm running Elgato EyeTV.  Whilst the User interface is very pretty, it really doesn't handle multiple devices / libraries / recording streams at all well. 
It would be great to minimally integrate them into my MC library simply (and even better to manage the recording from there too

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

MC21 is now available.  The EPG should work for TV.  mc2xml should be fully functional in MC21.  

You can download MC21 for Windows from the MC21 Board.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:38:54 pm »

Pretty Face
An easy, touch friendly interface similar to Theater View, Gizmo, or JRemote.  May be a separate program.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99290.0

Play Doctor II
Predicting what you may like and streaming it.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99292.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up