INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song plays in a 3 second loop [Solved]  (Read 3561 times)

scottb44

• Recent member
Song plays in a 3 second loop [Solved]
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »

I just got the auto upgrade.  After I start the application, the first song I play is usually fine.  When I select another song or album, the audio plays in a 1 to 3 second loop constantly.  Once it gets into this mode, I can never get it to do anything else and I have to restart the application.

The previous release was fine.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Song plays in a 3 second loop
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:12:14 pm »

Did you try powering down your computer and DAC?

scottb44

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 03:18:38 pm »

To followup my last post-

I reinstalled version 20.0.116 and I still have issues.  Sometimes it plays correctly until I switch to another application like my browser.  When I switch back to MC, it goes back to the beginning of the album and loops constantly.  Sometimes it just starts looping immediately.  I've also reset my DAC (Schiit Bifrost) every time I restarted / reinstalled).  I also tried switching from USB to optical and it made no difference.  Playing the same media through BitPerfect / iTunes works fine.

MacPro (Late 2013)
OS 10.10.4

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:12 pm »

I just got the auto upgrade.  After I start the application, the first song I play is usually fine.  When I select another song or album, the audio plays in a 1 to 3 second loop constantly.  Once it gets into this mode, I can never get it to do anything else and I have to restart the application.

The previous release was fine.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Can you verify it only happens in the new build by installing the previous build and testing?  If you could send a log file of the loop, that might help too.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

scottb44

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 03:51:12 pm »

MacPro (Late 2013)
MC 20.0.126
Schiit Bifrost
optical connection

audio looping problem

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 03:57:35 pm »

The log shows that the "previous" button is being pressed repeatedly.  Holding down the "previous track" button on my keyboard produces results similar to what you're describing.  Are you using any special software associated with your keyboard?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

scottb44

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 04:16:27 pm »

The log shows that the "previous" button is being pressed repeatedly.  Holding down the "previous track" button on my keyboard produces results similar to what you're describing.  Are you using any special software associated with your keyboard?

No, not that I'm aware of.  I don't have this problem in any other apps and it seems to start sporadically in MC.

scottb44

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:59 pm »

I was previously using a wireless Logitech keyboard.  I unplugged that and replaced it with a standard wired Apple keyboard and got the same results.

I have no idea where these extraneous input events could be coming from.

scottb44

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:26:53 am »

After checking each attached device, I found that a Griffin iMic USB device was causing the input issue.  I have no idea why.  Once I unplugged it, MC started working fine again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Song plays in a 3 second loop [Solved]
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:53 am »

Thanks for reporting the solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up