INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HiLite track that's playing?  (Read 3643 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
HiLite track that's playing?
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:30:36 am »

Is there a way to make it more clear as to what track is playing, i.e. HiLite it as opposed to the standard bold which is hard to pick out (at least for me)?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: HiLite track that's playing?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 11:07:38 am »

If you refresh in the Playing Now view, it'll select the playing file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »

Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 09:50:29 am »

For whatever reason, I do this *SO* frequently I made a hot key for it.  I used <ctrl>-n because that made sense to me, but you could use whatever you want.  I find it very convenient, especially if I've been manipulating Playing Now and I've lost track of where the current song is.  Just a quick key press and it zooms back to the center.  :)

Brian.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »

So, did you create a hot key just to refresh the screen or something more elaborate?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 04:41:58 pm »

The keyboard shortcut I created calls the "show playing now" function.  Same as going to Player > Playing Now > Show Playing Now .  The keyboard shortcut is just faster for me.  I like keyboard shortcuts.  :)

Brian.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »

Gotcha. I like it. Think I'll implement it too. Thanks.

Chris

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 05:18:06 pm »

Umm, I think Alt +2 does it too.
But as you say a simple embolden is not always easy to see (at least for me).
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »

If this is changed, I'd like it to be something which can be defined by the skin.
I really dislike the current bold style of text that is used, since it breaks up the column displays and requires additional width.

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 07:54:11 pm »

I'm not sure what Alt-2 does as I have the Mac version of JRiver MC.  But if it does the same thing as switching to the Playing Now view, it should do more than "bold" what's playing.  It should scroll the Playing Now list so that the playing song is visible.  Then show the line that's playing by displaying a bar type effect all the way across.  Finally, it does highlight the text, but it's not a "bold effect".  It's determined entirely by the Skin you are using. 

My knowledge of this is recent because the Skin I've been using lately, Onyx, doesn't really highlight the current track very well at all.  You can't really even tell it's highlighted; especially if you switch to an album view listing the tracks.  So I modified the Skin (very slightly) to very clearly highlight both of those cases using a different color (sort of subtle, but very easy to see).

It think they are called HotText and SelectedText in the main.xml file of the skin.  So now the file in Playing Now or in the album view both have a distinct color that makes them stand out more.  Much more than a simple bold type effect.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:02:04 pm »

I'm not sure what Alt-2 does as I have the Mac version of JRiver MC.

It works on the Mac version too. Alt-2 (aka Option-2 or ⌥-2) opens Playing Now and selects the currently playing (or most recently played) track.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:20 pm »

You're right of course.  :)

I remapped Alt-1 through Alt-5 (and Alt-0) to be star ratings keys a while back.  I just removed the mapping temporarily to check.

What's odd is, most of the keyboard shortcuts are labeled in the menus.  Like all the different views on the View menu.  Many of the Player menu entries also.  Even down to Reshuffle and Reshuffle Remaining.  But "go to playing now" wasn't labeled.  Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter, it just makes me think I should go through the entire Resources.xml file to see what other keys I might be missing.

I very happy with my alternate mappings.  But I'm glad you helped correct my incorrect assumption.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up