INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.3 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 12134 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.3 for Windows -- Available here
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210003.exe

21.0.3 (8/17/2015)

1. NEW: Added the choices 176.4 khz and 192 khz to the configure ASIO Line-In dialog.
2. Fixed: After a few hours of running the 3d visualization tunnel would reach the destination and stop (only maybe fixed so testing appreciated).
3. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
4. Changed: Adjusted logging in an effort to diagnose the lost TV tuner problem.
5. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč!).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
8. Fixed: ZoneSwitch was broken and not finding its settings since 21.0.1.
9. Changed: Added all the channels from 10 to 24 by increments of two to the Output Format DSP page.
10. Changed: The option to add Netflix to Theater View has been removed (the item would just get trimmed anyway).
11. Fixed: The recent searches in the search box wasn't working properly.
12. Fixed: Thumbnailing could stall.

21.0.2 (8/5/2015)

1. Changed: Reworked television device change handling.  Hopefully this will fix the "no tuner available" error on some systems after waking up from sleep.
2. Changed: mc2xml option is moved to the top of EPG mode selection page in Television Setup wizard.
3. Fixed: The "Click here for more information about mc2xml" link in Television Setup wizard was a dead link.
4. Fixed: Updated the licensing for version 21 (internal change).

21.0.1 (8/4/2015)

1. NEW: Added the sample rates 705600 and 768000 to the Output Format dialog.
2. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. NEW: Added an image playback mode 'Display images using a 2D renderer' to the options of Images.  Will use a 2D space for rendering instead of a 3D space.  Mostly for Linux / Mac, but please test.
4. Fixed: The Onion would return "No text" for many of the articles in Theater View.
5. Changed: Removed the splash screen because it never showed launching off an SSD anyway, but it would still slow the launch down a little.
6. NEW: Theater View background image slideshows include sidecars that are next to the file.
7. NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.
8. NEW: Sending files to a particular zone disables Zone Switch from engaging.
9. NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.
10. NEW: Added a 'Clean results' checkbox to the Fill Properties From Filename tool that will fix spacing, capitalization, etc.
11. NEW: Added an expression function Row() that outputs the current row number of a record.
12. NEW: Added the command 'ZoneSwitch...' to the Audio options page.
13. NEW: Added "Play in Media Center" to the root of the explorer context menu.
14. Changed: Made the search suggestions a little wider and fixed the sizing to account for high DPI.
15. Changed: Marked "<unknown album>" and "<unknown name>" for translation.
16. Changed: Marked a bunch of strings in the TiVo server for translation.
17. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
18. Changed: When a zone is cleared, it will clear all the linked zones as well (applies to MCWS/v1/Playback/ClearPlaylist but also other areas as well).
19. Changed: Added a few more 'o' character variations to the diacritical ignoring code.
20. NEW: Middle-click on a link column will open the link in a new tab.
21. Fixed: Recording of a television program on a grouped channel would incorrectly favor an STB tuner (even if the STB channel was not on top of the group).
22. NEW: MCWS Browse/Children contains more information about the type of the entry, and the PlaylistID if appropriate (only when requesting Version 2).
23. NEW: Keyboard shortcut 'D' for onscreen information display (equivalent to remote control info button) that toggles among "playback position"/"program name"/"program description".
25. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
26. Changed: Added a few more diacriticals to the list of things for ignoring during sorting.
27. Changed: Switched Theater View back to looking only at artist instead of album artist (auto) when doing cover art lookup.
28. Changed: Added a tuner selection page when re-scan for television channels (only applicable in channel types for which multiple tuners are in the same profile), so you can scan for channels using one device, and re-scan using a different device more easily.
29. Changed: Carnac understands the naming template Move Name (Year).
30. NEW: mc2xml is integrated into the program, so it can be used for all your EPG retrieval needs.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Media Center 21.0.3 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 02:00:45 pm »

Is there more to come or is that it for this update? Was hoping for more TV improvements.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

There will be more.  We're on build #3 now.  100 plus to come.

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 06:09:12 pm »

The Volume Burst issue persists.

Edit: Somehow, I forgot to write the word 'persists' at the end. Sorry about the confusion. :-[

digi340

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 01:44:39 am »

Not play ogg radio stream.Latest version that play  on Windows 10  ogg stream radio is JRiver 20.0.100.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:43:42 am »

The Volume Burst issue persists.

Edit: Somehow, I forgot to write the word 'persists' at the end. Sorry about the confusion. :-[

I can confirm that volume leveling seems to cut out intermittently on track change leading to sudden rises in volume that go away after a few seconds. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:42:53 am »

I can confirm that volume leveling seems to cut out intermittently on track change leading to sudden rises in volume that go away after a few seconds. 

Can you look for settings that make it go away and settings that make it reappear?  There must be something special about how you're using it, because it doesn't happen to me (unfortunately).

Thanks.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 09:33:45 am »

Can you look for settings that make it go away and settings that make it reappear?  There must be something special about how you're using it, because it doesn't happen to me (unfortunately).

Thanks.

I'll take a stab at it.  It's extremely intermittent (once an hour or so) which makes it hard to do differential diagnosis.  Five or six different folks are comparing notes in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99728.0 .  I don't see any common thread except that it's intermittent, occurs with volume leveling enabled, only on track change.

I can confirm that the issue does not happen for me in MC20, but happens with all my PCs running MC21 that have volume leveling enabled.  It just takes a while.    The volume increase seems limited to reversing the volume leveling attenuation (i.e. it doesn't seem to compromise internal volume at all, just temporarily negates volume leveling) and only lasts a second or two on track change.

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 11:22:51 am »

I just captured it on a log (I hope), see here.
I hope this post is appropriate here, seeing how the discussion appears to be simultaneously here and in the other thread.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:29:24 am »

I think the volume issue should be fixed next build.

LETRA

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 06:57:43 pm »

Hello. I write to ask for the functioning of CAD JRiver 21. I made a new installation and not find it anywhere CAD plugin options. Rainmeter / Gnometer not recognize the playing of JRiver Any ideas ?

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 04:59:30 pm »

Hello. I write to ask for the functioning of CAD JRiver 21. I made a new installation and not find it anywhere CAD plugin options. Rainmeter / Gnometer not recognize the playing of JRiver Any ideas ?

It works for me... I was curious and tried it recently. Even without having started MC, it's able to open MC for me, so maybe some other player that also supports CAD interferes for you?
Pages: [1]   Go Up