INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [How To?] Desktop Shortcut to a Playlist / Smartlist  (Read 3102 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[How To?] Desktop Shortcut to a Playlist / Smartlist
« on: August 30, 2015, 08:25:23 am »

Looked in the Wiki and did a search but I couldn't find a lead on how to link a Windows desktop shortcut to a smartlist.

For the not so tech savvy in the house, I'd like to provide a simple method to get a DJ'd list of music without me being around.

Thoughts?

Thanks ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: [How To?] Desktop Shortcut to a Playlist / Smartlist
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 08:40:41 am »

Play the Not Recently Played smartlist.

MC21.exe /Play TREEPATH="Playlists\Smartlists\Not Recently Played"

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/The_Command_Line

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 09:00:35 am »

Thanks...   ;)

Suspected that the command line would play a part.

Went to the Windows desktop > Right Click / Context Menu>New>Shortcut>Browse>Desktop>OK>Next>[Add in Shortcut Name]>OK

Navigated to the shortcut on the Desktop> Right Click / Context Menu>Properties

At Target, I entered the relevant command line including the Treepath details to suit.

Too easy.

Now, if only it was possible to drag the relevant item from MC and drop it onto the desktop to create a shortcut without the prestidigitation of the above. How about it devs?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 05:51:00 pm »

Put that in "Too Easy" - I bet it could be done in one hour (if it can be done at all).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »

Now, if only it was possible to drag the relevant item from MC and drop it onto the desktop to create a shortcut without the prestidigitation of the above. How about it devs?

You may not be able to do that, but within MC you (and I mean you, the tech savvy user in the house) can easily drag and drop media into a playlist, and do whatever else you like with it, to provide a set of curated playlists which have predefined shortcuts on the desktop for your family to use.

So, perhaps have a "Mum's Playlist", "Kid's Playlist", "Visitor's Playlist" all set up on the desktop, and just manage what is in them over time. That is pretty close to what you want. You need to be in MC to be able to drag stuff to the desktop anyway, so why not just drag to one of the above playlists?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »

If it's easier, this could work from the context menu, e.g. Playlists>[Playlist of Choice]>Right Click>Send to>Desktop>Shortcut to Play

Not sure what else would make sense for the final action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up