INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG Guide not running Automatically  (Read 5580 times)

tony ferrier

• Recent member
EPG Guide not running Automatically
« on: September 01, 2015, 02:21:35 pm »

I have set up the EPG and it loads fine, I have setup to run automatically at 0200 every morning but it never runs, I have to manually run to update.
Any suggestions

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: EPG Guide not running Automatically
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 02:35:07 pm »

Media Center or Media Server must be running at the time EPG is supposed to load.

Go to Tools > Options > Television, and click "Load program guide...".  Check settings on the window and make sure they are correct.  In particular, at least one loading mode must be selected from the list.  Make sure the selected loading mode has correct settings.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:01 pm »

Yes Media Centre runs 24 x 7, both client in Theatre mode and server.
I am using the new MC2XML included within version 21

Automatically Load is ticked every 24 hours starting at 0200

I only have one node and this is ticked set to Sky Freesat, Country and Postcode is set correctly.

When I run manually it runs MC2XML automatically, then seems to run a second time to input my Post code etc again like at first run. But I enter them and it loads data fine.

I left for a few days, then checked within Television and it says the Program guide was last refreshed when I manually run it a few days ago, it should of ran at 0200 that morning.

I have cleared guide and set up again but get same outcome.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:45:47 pm »

Are you able to tell whether it really did not load, or it just did not update the dates?  In other words did you see your available guide data shrink after a few days of not running it manually?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »

then seems to run a second time to input my Post code etc again like at first run. But I enter them and it loads data fine.

If you don't put the Postal Code in the JRiver program (second step where you enter the Country you're in) it causes problems with mc2xml.

I don't know if it "always" causes a problem, but I tested this and when the Postal Code is not entered in step 2, and you just try to enter your Postal Code in the mc2xml popup "settings window", it doesn't seem to stick. At least that's what I was seeing in my limited testing for USA OTA setup.

So if your still having trouble, go back and check that step. Do you have good EPG data?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 06:33:05 pm »

CountryBumkin, is that Country and Postcode entered into the Guide setup the one saved into the Options/Television/General section of MC, as per the image below?

If so, it is probably easier to check the data is set correctly just by reviewing that section of Options, rather than running through the setup process again. If the Postcode doesn't "stick" for someone, perhaps just entering it here would get the program guide load working without another setup.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 06:43:41 pm »

If during setup you forget to enter a postal code, the empty code gets stuck in the particular profile, even after you later enter the code on TV Options as RoderickGI's screenshot shows.  This is a bug that was fixed last night.

If this is your situation, you can still fix it (without having to wait for the fix to be released).  Firstly, make sure postal code is entered.  Secondly, select the tuner profile in question, and click Configure button.  Click Next button to the end of the wizard.  Now the newly entered postal code will be saved in the profile.  Thirdly, run "Load program guide..." manually.  Make sure all settings on the dialog window are correct, especially the "Automatically load program guide everyday in the background" checkbox.  Also make sure you look in the list of loading modes.  Uncheck anyone that does not make sense anymore, and check the one(s) that has the mode with correct postal code.

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 02:01:44 am »

Thanks for the feedback.
My postcode is correct in all the screens and setup areas.

What I have noticed is when the mc2xml seems to run the second time when manually run, it shows the dialog box with defaults but always misses the last part of the UK post code off, so in all the screens Post Code will read "MK14 7JK", but when mc2xml dialog opens it only puts "MK14" in the post code and misses after the space.

I will double check later if it has populated the guide to be 100% sure, it loads 7 days when manually refreshed and I noticed it wasnt running a couple of days later when it only had 5 days left.

Yes when manually run guide is working great with data for 95% of channels. There are always a few missing on Freesat.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 09:39:12 am »

What I have noticed is when the mc2xml seems to run the second time when manually run, it shows the dialog box with defaults but always misses the last part of the UK post code off, so in all the screens Post Code will read "MK14 7JK", but when mc2xml dialog opens it only puts "MK14" in the post code and misses after the space.

Bingo!  Thanks for being a good detective.

The following fix will be included in an upcoming new build (21.0.5 or higher):

Fixed: Automatic EPG loading with mc2xml did not work for countries where postal codes consist of two parts separated by space (UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.).

jamms

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 01:31:15 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Can I just add my 2p worth!?

This is most unfortunate! I am a MC20 registered user and I downloaded the demo of MC21 to get my Programme Guide back (I am based in the UK) and found no difference, despite following the excellent instructions in this thread - obviously following the thread through, I now understand it will not work until 21.0.5 you say...

I have 20 or so days left on the demo - my issue is, will I be able to download and test 21.0.5 sooner rather than later, as it is a big deal for me to get the EPG back and I am undecided whether to buy the upgrade (which I will if the EPG will work well) or if not cut my losses and find something else. Not something I really want to do, but my wife is getting on my back as each day passes and I need to deliver :)

Jamms

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Can I just add my 2p worth!?

This is most unfortunate! I am a MC20 registered user and I downloaded the demo of MC21 to get my Programme Guide back (I am based in the UK) and found no difference, despite following the excellent instructions in this thread - obviously following the thread through, I now understand it will not work until 21.0.5 you say...

I have 20 or so days left on the demo - my issue is, will I be able to download and test 21.0.5 sooner rather than later, as it is a big deal for me to get the EPG back and I am undecided whether to buy the upgrade (which I will if the EPG will work well) or if not cut my losses and find something else. Not something I really want to do, but my wife is getting on my back as each day passes and I need to deliver :)

Jamms

Sorry, we are dealing with different issues simultaneously.  The issue with UK postal code will be solved in build 20.0.5.  There is also an issue with Microsoft not providing data past September 5, 2015 for UK users.  That one can be solved using the solution posted by Daveyravey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up