ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Licensing / New User Install  (Read 1018 times)

iwsdonna

• Place Personal Text Here
Licensing / New User Install
« on: March 09, 2004, 09:47:14 am »

We own 25 licenses for ICEtcp.  

When we initially installed it, I installed the admin software on my computer, and set up the shared network location for data files and license keys.  All user installs were done from the network install.  

It has been over a year since I’ve had to add a new user, and I’ve gotten a new computer in that time.  My new machine does not have the admin install on it.  I thought I could just go to the licenseadmin.exe on the server to add a new user in the license manager and install them the way I used to, but it doesn’t find the license file.  It must be there because all of our existing users are functioning just fine.

Can you tell me what the name of the license file is so that I can search for it?  Also, how do I go about reinstalling the admin software on my machine without overwriting any information on the server?

???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:32:48 am »

The license server is static. Once you have a sequence number the server is no longer required.

Since you no longer appear to have the license folder or admin server you will need to install the admin server portion on the machine you are going to designate as your license admin server. Then install your licenses and rerun configwizard from each client machine to rebuild your license file. To do this you need to BROWSE to the TCP5_USER share created on the new admin server (which MUST be writable by anyone) and run configwizard.exe in the TCP-Pro directory (for 5.1) or configwizard44.exe in the TCP4-32 directory (for the classic client) for each client pc.

If your version is less than 5.0.81 (see help->version info) you MUST upgrade to the current version. You will have MAJOR headaches with XP if you try to install a version <5.0.81.

If you need to update you will have to update all of the clients running <5.0.81 to the current version by reruning the setup.exe in the TCP5_USER share.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:16:17 pm by Bob »

iwsdonna

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 12:29:22 pm »

The icetcp\user\license folder is still there, as is the admin folder.  I was just wondering what file it was looking for so that I could see if that file is still there, then I wouldn't (hopefully) have to go through all of this.  I believe I'll need to call and get new license keys as well because I do not have the originals given to us.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 01:33:23 pm »

Not sure why you have a license folder on the machine which wasn't the license admin machine. If it's valid, you should be able to just install the admin portion on that machine and go from there. Make a backup of the license folder before you do but it should be left intact on a reinstall.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 21 queries.