ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Problem with registering  (Read 964 times)

moraseski

Problem with registering
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:07:30 am »

We have been running Telnet Pro for many years. I just installed on a Windows 7 machine. Because we wanted the latest version, I downloaded the demo file from ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/tcp-pro-demo.exe as I have done in the past. After installation, I configured the license. Now, whenever I run the program, it says that I have nn of 30 days left for the trial version. If I go to configure wizard, it says that a sequence number was obtained for this machine. How do I fix this?

Also, I noticed that turning the taskbar off does not stick. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Jim

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: Problem with registering
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:43 am »

The download version on our website is now strictly a trialware version.  It will time out in 30 days.  In order to get the latest version, you will need to purchase an update for your Pro licenses.

moraseski

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:06:09 am »

But we are running the latest version and have been for many years on other machines. I also remember there used to be patch files but I could not find them anywhere. That's why I downloaded the trial version.

Jim

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:31:21 am »

In March 2008 the trialware download was changed.  At that time we began to charge for updating to the latest version.  The last patch that was available for download was probably when Windows XP was released.

If you have the latest version of Pro on your License Server, there would be no need to download from our website.  This creates extra unnecessary steps.  With your TCP5_User folder shared on the network, you can browse from the workstation to the shared folder to run Setup, which installs the program and licenses it as well. 

You should be able to browse from your workstation to the TCP5_User folder and run Setup (you should be able to cancel out when you reach the ConfigWizard screen, since the PC is already licensed).  This will install whatever version you have on your License Server onto the workstation, and will give you a permanent version, getting rid of the message that your program will expire. 

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.