ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP Prp  (Read 1287 times)

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TCP Prp
« on: March 22, 2004, 02:26:55 pm »

We upgraded 3-5 workstations to XP Professional.  When accessing TelenetPro, the system will display only dark blue as a background with grey as a foreground.  We have selected White as the foreground color several times, but Telenet pro resorts to the grey foreground.  

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:02:44 pm »

Check your terminal type. non-wyse terminal specify a low intensity foreground when a terminal reset code is received by the unix machine or an app running on it.

To avoid a conflict and get the same behavior as the unix console, use the unix console colors! Low intensity white on a black background.

larryf

Re:ICE.TCP Prp
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 03:41:27 pm »

We have the same problem.  I noticed when selecting from the foreground color white in the color palette, Telnet chose two colors to the left.  Also, reverse video (highlighting) is impossible.  We use WYSE60-25.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE.TCP Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 04:07:18 pm »

In PRO you have to change ALL of the colors not just one set (normal foreground, normal background). You need to change reverse and the rest to sane values based on what you chose for the normal foreground/background. Since the unix application can still override these values, it you run into trouble it's best to go with colors that match the unix console.

larryf

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 04:55:09 pm »

Hmmmm....  I had my IT people change the UNIX global configuration to WYSE60-25 and it fixed itself! (It was WYSE60 before)

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2004, 10:56:42 am »

Hmmmm....  I had my IT people change the UNIX global configuration to WYSE60-25 and it fixed itself! (It was WYSE60 before)

Interesting because the terminal type passed for wyse60-25 is WYSE60-25 which most unixes don't have in their databases by default so I guess you are saying that they ADDED the WYSE60-25 definition to the terminal info database and that fixed the problem.

When using the wyse60 terminal type in pro one should almost always use the 24 line selection. (If an app uses the 25 lne it turns it on dynamically).

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.