ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Telnet Pro on Win2K Server  (Read 977 times)

patrickareed

• Place Personal Text Here
Telnet Pro on Win2K Server
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:53:28 am »

Setup:
ICE.TCP Pro v5.1.07
Windows 2000 Server, SP4, all patches and updates as of 3/31
Connecting to SCO UNIX server v5.0.6

Issue: When this server was set up a while back, it had Terminal Services running in Administration mode. ICE.TCP Pro was just installed (both Admin and User - this is the license server). However, Telnet Pro compains each time I try to connect that this server is running Terminal Services. Terminal Services has been removed from this machine, as completely as I know how and ICE.TCP Pro has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've even dug all keys I can find referencing Terminal Services and J. River out of the Registry. Still, I get these errors in succession;

"Terminal Services  are being run from this computer. A Thin Client License is required for Pro to run. Contact J. River, Inc."

"Initializing copy protection failed (4, 0). Please run ConfigWizard."

"Can not create new session. Please run ConfigWizard."

This is the only server on this network and is also the only domain controller for this Active Directory. Please tell me I don't have to rebuild this server just to be able to run Telnet Pro. I do not have Terminal Services installed anymore and will not be putting them back on this server.

I appreciate any help...

Thanks!

patrickareed

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 04:29:47 pm »

This was easier than I thought. I uninstalled and installed 5.1.09 and it works fine.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 09:54:19 am »

We changed terminal services detection method between those two versions to solve this exact problem. Thanks for the report.

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.