ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TEN 4.7 and COM port problems on XP Home  (Read 4110 times)

wjones

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TEN 4.7 and COM port problems on XP Home
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:11:35 pm »

Hi,

One of our clients is trying to use ICE.TEN version 4.7 under Windows XP Home edition on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. The internal modem is on COM3, Address 0178-017F, and the IRQ is 11. We wish to use the modem to dial out, and ICE.TEN is not recognizing it when we set the communications port to 3- it gives an error when we try to bring up Dejawin. Doing a modem query in Control Panel shows that the modem is completely functional.

In Help, About it reports ICE TEN version 4.7, emulation version 7.10.A/32, and interface version 7.02A. Is there an update we need for this to work properly? If so, how do we get it?

Thanks!

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:06:13 am »

Try accessing it under HyperTerminal. See if com3 works there, don't use the named version of the com port, use com3.

Make sure the handshaking method is xon/xoff to start with.

Sometimes these winmodems appear under multiple com ports. You could see if com1 works if com3 doesn't.

wjones

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:56:34 am »

Thanks Bob - I'll give it a try. I'll repost afterward . . .

wjones

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 12:12:55 pm »

Got it!
The "Fax" service in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services should be turned off, and set to "Manual" rather than automatic. It is this service that takes control of the internal modem during startup, unless it's turned off in this fashion.

Thanks for your help - hope this helps someone else also

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 12:55:01 pm »

Thanks VERY much for your reply, I'm sure it will help others that run into the same situation.

Jimboreeny

Re:ICE.TEN 4.7 and COM port problems on XP Home
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 03:15:35 pm »

I am using setice and trying to set up an initialization string under 'serial Parameters' and 'Init. string'.  I enter  atdt(the phone number) and  click on save.  I then go back to 'serial Parameters' and the init string is set back to 00.  same thing when using 'settings' and 'permanent' under dejawin.  the settings just wont save.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 04:54:06 pm »

Sounds like you can't write to the dejawin.ini in the windows system directory for some reason. If you re using 4.7, perhaps you had an older version on there at one point? The older versions were built before XP style permissions came into use.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.