ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: License Conflict  (Read 1054 times)

fibdev

• Place Personal Text Here
    • Theros Equipment, Inc.
License Conflict
« on: May 17, 2004, 09:57:40 am »

I will try my best to describe our configuration.

The JRiver "server" is a windows 98 machine.  We are using a Workgroup TCP/IP Network.  All the machines on the network are a mix between 98 and XP Pro.

In the passed, we had a few employees that signed onto Telnet through laptops.  This is no longer the case.  As a result we were left with sequence numbers assigned to these machines.

The problem is this.

Out of 25 licenses, we couldn't tell which ones were used and which ones were free because the assigned sequences had no computer name, user name, or comments!  As a result of our growing network, we were unable to sign on all of our computers even though we were only using 19 out of 25 licenses.

I went into the license admin and removed all the licenses.  I then went to several machines and ran the config wizard (not all the machines have been configured, and some are logged on with no problem?)  Two of the machines that I did run the config wizard on have different sequence numbers in the license admin, but they are trying to use the same sequence?

Any thoughts?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
License Conflict
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 10:09:25 am »

You are on the right track to solve the problem. Removing the users and running configwizard is the way to build a new user table. The safest thing to do is on the client machine,  BROWSE to the TCP5_USER share on the license machine and then into the TCP-PRO directory and run configwizard from there (if you are running the 4.4 classic client go to TCP4-32 instead and run configwizard44.exe).

After doing this on each machine you should see the users show up in licenseadmin.
You MUST do it on all of the machines because any machine that doesn't run configwizard will be running with the old sequence number.

fibdev

• Theros Equipment, Inc.
Re:License Conflict
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 10:18:38 am »

Ok, I double checked the version information on the Windows 98 machine.  That machine is running 5.0... I didn't check the XP machine because I understand that it has to run 5.0?  Anyway, the conflict that I'm having involved two machines that I've re-introduced to the table.  I don't want to keep going because I already have a conflict...

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
License Conflict
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 10:34:04 am »

Unless the machine name is the same or the start menu configwizard link points to two different license servers you should not have a problem.

Make sure the machine names are different, delete the one user in licenseadmin that you think is being shared and re-run configwizard on those two machines using the method I told you about above. Recheck licenseadmin after to see if they got unique sequence numbers.

Note that you need version 5.0.81 or greater to run on XP.

Also be aware that you cannot mix versions older than 5.0.81 with versions newer than 5.0.81.

fibdev

• Theros Equipment, Inc.
Re:License Conflict
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 01:48:29 pm »

You said:

"Note that you need version 5.0.81 or greater to run on XP.

Also be aware that you cannot mix versions older than 5.0.81 with versions newer than 5.0.81"

I updated all the older machines so everyone is running the same version and so far it's working.

Thanks!
Gabe

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.