ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Error 888 Sequence # Conflict  (Read 713 times)

phil

• Place Personal Text Here
Error 888 Sequence # Conflict
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:21:20 pm »

ICE TCP VERSION 4-32 [On WinXP – We have 10 users]

I have a conflict arising between two IP addresses with Sequence No. 2.
Have followed instructions on jriver.com with regard to closing all sessions and restarting
unfortunately without success.

Do I need to reinstall all users to fix this problem?  It’s always the same two IP addresses conflicting and with the same sequence number [ 2 ].  Sequence number two is owned by user with IP address xxx.xxx.xx.37 and the conflict is with user IP xxx.xxx.xx.51 who is assigned sequence number 10.

I have recently replaced users due to staff changes and have also had to reallocate sequence numbers by reinstalling users in a different order.  This was to allow our frequent users to avoid the sequence number conflict.  This may have caused our recent problems??

I haven't manually added users either through License Admin, but have deleted user who have left and then installed new users locally with TCP_User setup.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Error 888 Sequence # Conflict
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 10:10:24 am »

Make sure everyone is running the same approximate version.  It's more difficult to tell with 4.4 because the versioning is different. Also, the license server needs to be the same version as the clients because of the changes corresponding to XP and release 5.0.81 of PRO. If you were trying to fix the sequence numbers by running configwizard from the TCP5_User share on the license admin server, be SURE that you are running configwizard44.exe in the TCP4-32 subdir of that share.

Otherwise, the best chance of success lies with getting an update and installing that on the server and then reinstalling 4.4 by BROWSING to the TCP5_USER share on the newly updated admin server. At that point when configwizard44 runs at the end of the process you will get a new proper sequence number.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:24:42 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.