ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Problems with Pro Trial Version 5.28  (Read 1482 times)

mhaglund

Problems with Pro Trial Version 5.28
« on: July 13, 2011, 11:56:51 am »

I am evaluating ICE.TCP Pro Trial Version 5.28 which is running on Windows XP Pro SP 3. I am trying to connect to a HP 9000 running HP-UX 11i v1.

I was not able to get a TelNet Pro session started at all, yesterday. First thing this morning, I was able to login to the HP. Since then, I am unable to get a login prompt for the HP. I get some different message when trying to connect, which are list below.

"Connection Error. Unspecified error"
followed by
"Can not create new session. Please run ConfigWizard."
I then run ConfigWizard and attempt to connect again, only to get the same messages.

There are other times I have gotten the following message.
"Unknown: 14471160"
With this message, the number will change.

Can you please help me out. The one time I was able to connect, it looked as though this version of ICE would work for what I need to do with it. But I need to do more exhaustive testing.

Thank you.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Problems with Pro Trial Version 5.28
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »

It there something unusual with your machine regarding the registry? Perhaps you have a virus? Did you install with a virus checker off?
Try deleting the HKLM->Software->J.River folder in your registry and re-runing configwizard from wherever the license server is to get a fresh license.
Oh, and you have to not be a limited user when you run configwizard.

mhaglund

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:00 am »

Bob,

There should not be anything unusual with the PC, regarding the registry, that I am aware of. Although, your interpretation of "unusual" may be very different from mine. The Virus checking was on and I am on the PC as Administrator. This machine also has the License Administrator on it.

One interesting thing I noticed after deleting the HKLM->Software->J.River folder in the registry was that a folder names 5.1 was not showing up where it had been there previously. Other than that, everything seems to be ok. The License Admin show the proper sequence number for the machine (1).

I had already searched through other posts and tried things that were suggested in them. I have deleted the registry entries under HKLM and KHCU, as well as uninstall and reinstall the app.

One more thing to mention, the Host List is not coming up, which may be ok considering that I cannot connect to anything, initially.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

mhaglund

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:15:49 pm »

I found another PC to install ICE Pro on and it worked out fine. Still not sure what the actual problem was with the first PC, given that the two machines were built up to be exactly the same (maybe a disk issue???).

Thank you for your help.

Mike

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:17:09 pm »

If you can't save the profile (host) it's likely that HKCU->Software->J. River isn't writable. The user information (profiles, etc) is stored in there and the machine information, (license, etc) is stored in HKLM->Software->J. River.

The 5.1.28 trialware demo has been replaced by a 5.1.30 trialware demo which is more compatible with windows 7 though since you are on XP, that really shouldn't affect you.

Page created in 0.008 seconds with 14 queries.