ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Printing from ice tcp plus to different printers  (Read 1936 times)

Jesse

Printing from ice tcp plus to different printers
« on: October 12, 2011, 08:34:49 am »

We use ice tcp plus, build 27 emulation version 7.10a/32 on multiple PCs, most with Windows XP.
We use different HP deskjet printer models on these PCs.
When we try to do local printing on newer HP model printers, such as HP Deskjet 3000, 4160, it prints but it cuts off about 3 characters from the right margin. On older HP models, such as the HP Deskjet 2400 and 840, it works fine, but if it is connected through a network it still cuts off on the right. This is on raster printing. When we try to turn off the raster printing, we get an error message that dejawint has encountered a problem and must close, and the application cuts off.
Is there a fix for this? Is it something we have to consult with HP about? If you have any questions or need some clarification, please feel free to contact me.
Please advise as soon as possible.
Thanks!
Jesse

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Printing from ice tcp plus to different printers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:10:08 pm »

It's a flaw in the printer driver.
You can look for an updated driver or adjust the bitmap size.
Builds starting with build 28 allow you to do this in the local printer settings.

Jesse

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »

I updated the printer drivers with no change. There is no setting for changing the bitmap size for DejaWin on our current build. I brought this to my boss's attention and his response was to ask if we can get a free update to Build 28, and if not, how much does it cost.
Please let me know as soon as possible, preferably before the holiday next week.
Thanks!
Jesse

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:40 am »

Check:
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,718.0.html
The capability is there in your version but it's not in the GUI.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 18 queries.