ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: FTP Pro - dragging file onto deskop  (Read 1314 times)

mattr

FTP Pro - dragging file onto deskop
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:54 am »

Am running fresh install of FTP Pro, version 5.1.28 on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC.
Just tried dragging files to the desktop but getting message:
"a component of the software is either not installed or you did no restart windows after installing the software".
I definitely have restarted windows since installing. I also needed to add FTP Pro into the 'allow a program through windows firewall' utility.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: FTP Pro - dragging file onto deskop
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:56:20 am »

The shell extensions FTP-Pro uses to do drag and drop are not supported by Vista or Win7.

If you right-click on a file and select "Get" (or use the pull - down menus), it seems to work fine. 

mattr

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:12:19 am »

Drag and drop seems to work fine on my Windows 7 32 bit PC. Is it just the 64 bit version that's unsupported?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:03 am »

Looks like it's x86 only. I was pretty sure it never worked in Windows 7, however it does now in my 32 bit version. It's possible Microsoft re-added the relatively obscure function FtpPro is using for the drag and drop.

I did try a 64 bit compile of the shell extensions and it says it was installed properly but it still doesn't work. It's possible Microsoft doesn't have the function hook it is using the 64 bit version.

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.