ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICETCP 4.4, 32bit emulation settings on terminal services connections  (Read 1065 times)

RaeFrmNJ

• Place Personal Text Here

We are running a windows 2000 server that supports terminal services & we have many user who use remote desktop connection from an xp or win2k machine to login into that server & run ICE TCP.

The question is this: Is it possible to globally set the connection settings for all users so that when anyone logs into that terminal server machine their windows profile will already have the correct ICE TCP terminal emmulation setup?  :)

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICETCP 4.4, 32bit emulation settings on terminal services connections
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 01:41:08 pm »

In 4.4 the terminal type is stored in the icetcp.ini file in the windows system directory. Make sure it's set to be readable by everyone and full control by everyone if you want anyone to be able to change it. Make sure there isn't a icetcp.ini in the 4.4 program directory.

The hosts are stored in profiles for each user so you need to make at least one connection on each user to set that up.

RaeFrmNJ

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 02:06:33 pm »

We have found the icetcp.ini file & verified that there is not one under the 4.4 program dir.  The question we have is where does it store this information globally or doesn't it?  

I have made a change to my icetcp.ini file directly but it does not show the updated date of today.  I also used the config wizard to make a change but then did not see any update to the icetcp.ini file under my profile.  Further I am using ansi 25 line em but when I read my .ini file it shows ibm3151 24 line.

This makes no sense.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 02:46:16 pm »

Doesn't make any sense to me either. Try doing a search for icetcp.ini as admin and tell me what you get.

RaeFrmNJ

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 08:44:13 am »

I did the search you requested & I got the following return:
44 files 25 of them with the modified date of 12/19/2003, 19 with various modified dates.

The C:\WINNT icetcp.ini file has a modified date of yesterday 07/12/04 because I opened the actual file & made a change to it.  However the file shows the term type as IBM3151 24 line & my own term type is ansi 25 line so my settings are not pulling from this file.

My own file located under C:\Documents and Settings\rlutzko\WINDOWS does not reflect my ansi setting either, it shows TerminalLines=24 TerminalType=IBM3151.

I am also using ICETCP 4.4 32bit on my own Windows XP machine (the same machine I using to Remote Desktop Connect to the Win2K Term Server PC).  The settings on my own pc are also ANSI 25 Line.  When I did a search for ICETCP.ini on my own machine I came up with one result under C:\windows when I viewed that file it showed my TerminalLines=25 TerminalType=ANSI.

Further I went & changed my settings on my own pc to Wyse60 & then looked at my C:\windows\ICETCP.ini file again & it reflect the change to Wyse60.

I looked at my terminal server ICE Config & it still showed IBM3151 in the .ini file & ANSI in the terminal window under connection.

I am truly baffled.  Please help. ?
 ???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 11:03:02 am »

It looks like each user has their own virtual Windows directory. I would guess you are using roaming profiles. Try copying the one ini file that you have setup properly to all of the other windows directories. You will need to be an admin to do that I believe.

It might be easier to just run the iceconfig as each user to setup each users parameters.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 12:00:00 pm by Bob »

RaeFrmNJ

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 11:16:13 am »

This still does not explain why my own profile on this term server does not reflect the actual settings I am using and neither does the c:\windows\icetcp.ini or the c:\winnt\icetcp.ini files.

Any ideas?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 11:59:32 am »

Was there an icetcp.ini file in the 4.4 PROGRAM DIRECTORY? If there is one there it takes precedence over the one in the windows system directory...

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.