ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Moving ICE from an old PC to a new one  (Read 945 times)

cameronj

• Place Personal Text Here
Moving ICE from an old PC to a new one
« on: May 26, 2004, 11:46:15 am »

Hi, I just posted this, but it did not appear, so I am posting again.  Please forgive if it does make it through both times...

I am a new admin for this company, the old one skipped town.  I am trying to install a new PC with Ice pro.  I get to the config wiz and it tells me that it cant find the license information on the floppy disk we have.  I spoke with a rep on tech support who said we needed to remove the licence from the old system but obviously would not tell me how since i did not want to pay.  Can anyone help?  I am on the old system now and in the config wiz but I see nothing.

Thanks!

Cameron

saunaking

• www.saunaking.ca
    • SaunaKing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:09:20 pm »

I have had similar situations in the past.  The way to 'remove' ICE TCP Pro is first uninstall it from the control panel.

Then you need to remove the entries in the registry.
It is in one of two places (maybe both)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JRiver

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver

if you remove both these keys/folders and reboot you should be able to do a clean install

I have never had the licence info on a floppy disk however - not sure how that works but when you do it over the network you need to do one of two things:
1. Enter the PC information in the Licence Admin program
or
2. Make sure that the user logged on to the local machine installing ICE has permission to modify the shared folder (or floppy disk i guess) where the licnece info is stored

hope this helps

cameronj

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 12:31:49 pm »

The problem apparently is that they license key is linked to the computer, and I have to remove that somehow.  At least that's the impression I got from the tech lady....

saunaking

• www.saunaking.ca
    • SaunaKing
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 07:33:10 am »

if you open up licence admin on the floppy you have you should be able to see a list of licences by clicking on the 'Users' tab within liceceadmin.
They are bascially computer names, user names and each one has a sequence number beside it as well.

Hopefully you have less users setup than licences available in the 'Licences' tab
At the bottom of the 'Users' tab it should say something like "Your total number of authorized users is 20, of which 16 are allocated and 4 are available"

If you have none available and the computer name of the pc you are trying to install on is not on the list you are out of luck.  Or you can remove one of the existing computers from the list if it is not used anymore and replace it with the computer name of the pc you are installing on.

If you have a licence available you shouldnt have a problem - just add the info for your pc.  If you have none available, buy one because if you try to 'cheat' by removing an existing entry and adding your PC info you will end up with two installations with the same sequence number.  This causes ICE to shut down on the two machines with confilicting sequence number and flashes a warning to all ICE installations running.

To remove a licence key

Page created in 0.007 seconds with 20 queries.