ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Ice TCP Pro Auto Logins  (Read 903 times)

tugg

• Place Personal Text Here
Ice TCP Pro Auto Logins
« on: November 09, 2004, 08:42:42 am »

I have installed J river software for years from DeJa Vu to the current version of ICE TCP PRO. For the past 3 weeks every new installation has not been able to auto login more than once. When you setup the startup under Profiles/default and setup login and password it works the first few times, after that login fails. When you open up the profile, default and edit the startup page the password has additional characters added? Is there a file somewhere whick holds the user name and password? If so I would like to know what the name is so I can take a look and see if I can make it read only or something to prevent whatever is appending to it from doing so.
What happened to make this start doing this, is it the Winxp's new addition? Help me I just installed a 30 user package and everyone of them cannot auto login, which is a nightmare. I have businesses wanting to know why it doesnt work, and when can I fix it. I cant and am depending on J. River to fix for me.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Ice TCP Pro Auto Logins
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 11:12:50 am »

Are these existing installations that started malfunctioning or new installations??

Are all of the trouble machines XPSP2?

Are you using telnet or ssh??

BTW, it's not unusual for the password length to change. It's just a rehash of the current password, the length doesn't relate to the length of the unencrypted password.

The password is in the registry, not a file for 5.1.

tugg

• Place Personal Text Here
Ice TCP Pro Auto Logins
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:41:19 pm »

Are these existing installations that started malfunctioning or new installations??

new

Are all of the trouble machines XPSP2?

mixed os's  winxp sp2 and win2000

Are you using telnet or ssh??

telnet but shortcut has ssh checked

BTW, it's not unusual for the password length to change. It's just a rehash of the current password, the length doesn't relate to the length of the unencrypted password.

The password is in the registry, not a file for 5.1.

each successful login( 1st or 2nd time) I have gone back and looked at how many *'s there were, same amout each time until the auto login failed then number of *'s had changed , the change was one additional *

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Ice TCP Pro Auto Logins
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 05:02:43 pm »

It looks like we may have an idea of what is going on.
We should have a new build for you to try Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks for the data...

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 21 queries.