ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: sequence number  (Read 807 times)

canaanco

• Place Personal Text Here
sequence number
« on: November 15, 2004, 08:58:58 am »

I have problem when a new user is added and the sequence number for the new user is already been assigned to an existing user. How can I solve this problem?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
sequence number
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 10:04:54 am »

Run licenseadmin on the Pro license server machine. It will tell you which machines are supposed to have which sequence numbers.

In licenseadmin you can delete the user for the sequence number that is conflicting. Next go to the two machines that were conflicting and rerun configwizard by BROWSING to the TCP5_USER share on the licenseadmin machine then for 5.x into TCP-Pro and run configwizard.exe choosing only to get a sequence number. Don't forget to put something in the comment field. (for 4.4 you go into TCP4-32 and run configwizard44.exe).

When you have done this on the two conflicting machines you will be able to go back into licenseadmin and see that the two machines have gotten unique sequence numbers at which point your trouble should be over.

canaanco

• Place Personal Text Here
sequence number
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 10:41:03 am »

Thank you for the info. I install the new user using a floppy which was exported from licenseAdmin program and has the license and sequence info. I install all the users that way and never had a problem like this before. I even specifically export only that user with a correct sequence number and still don't work. Any other solution?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
sequence number
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 11:10:31 am »

Use this method instead. Do not assign a sequence number manually in licenseadmin. Remove the conflicting sequence number from licenseadmin and follow the instructions from the message below.

http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=19;start=msg480#msg480

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.