ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: seq# dup -- error 777  (Read 927 times)

ruthan

• Place Personal Text Here
seq# dup -- error 777
« on: December 17, 2004, 09:21:23 am »

per client:

Hi, thanks for your assistance. I have managed to get past the sequence
numbers on the two new machines (with your help.)

Original inquiry:  I have 10 users on the network using ICE.TCP PRO. The users are all connecting from remote sites. I had set up all users via the network.  Now 2 of the PCs are being replaced. One which had sequence number 1 and the other with Sequence number 4. I then setup each pc with the same Computer name, and IP address as the original setup.  
I tried to setup the new pcs via the network(as I had done many times before) by maping the Admin's pc, C drive. On the new PC, when I got to the part to specify the path I kept getting an error that the path was invalid or I had no authority to access the main server. I have done this before so I know the path is correct and I have shared the C drive so permissions are in place.  So I copied the config file, and exported the licence information to a floppy and installed  to the two new pcs via the floppy.  I had to first install using the config floppy and then I had to use the second floppy for the licence. And all seemed to have gone well. But when both pcs are logging on the one will indicate that there is a clash with the sequence number , meaning that both PCs have the same sequence number. How do I get past this problem?

Response:  Either the same name was assigned while exporting the sequence number to the floppy, or only one of the users was copied, or the wrong user(s) were copied (ones that were assigned to other users).
To avoid the possibility that both of the "remote" users are getting the
same sequence, do remote user install twice, one each on a different
floppy disk, then only use each floppy for one user. This may eliminate
the problem you are having.

But there is still a problem.......... the new PC is replacing an old PC
that had ICETCP. We have given the old PC a new IP address and removed ICETCP from the PC, but when the two PCs are on I get a message on the new PC .....         '" Fatal error (777)
The message was generated due to the conflict between 10.10.10.1 and
193.0.0.50 '" with sequence Number 4.  193.0.0.50 is the new PC with sequence 4 and 193.0.0.61 is the old PC I do not know where the 10.10.10.1 IP address is coming from.

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 16 queries.