ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: dup seq #'s continued  (Read 811 times)

ruthan

• Place Personal Text Here
dup seq #'s continued
« on: January 31, 2005, 02:36:01 pm »

I have discovered why there is a duplication of sequence numbers on the PCs.
On the admin machine there was a problem with the hard drive so we had to replace it. SO I had to manually add in the computer names and their sequence numbers. I had forgotten what sequence the computers numbers were previously, so I mixed up those two machines. So on the admin program I have the one PC with sequence number 3 but looking at regedit on that machine it displays sequence number 4. Both the PCs are at remote sites and a bit difficult to bring in the machine to re configure. To make things easier for me can I go into regedit and change the sequence number to be like the one on my admin program?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
dup seq #'s continued
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 03:20:41 pm »

You can't change the value in the registry. It's only a reflection of the stored sequence number.

You need to remove the 2 conflicting computers from licenseadmin on the license server and put configwizard and the license folder from the licenseadmin server on a floppy (for example) and run configwizard on each of the machines that have conflicting sequence numbers. It is NOT a good idea to manually enter users, it's too easy to make a mistake. Let configwizard do it.

If you need more info, see the myriad of other posts here dealing with configwizard, floppies, remote installs, etc.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.