ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: FacetTerm  (Read 1531 times)

unitedref

• UnitedRef
  • Place Personal Text Here
FacetTerm
« on: January 22, 2004, 04:15:42 pm »

I upgrade to TCP-PRO because we had two new computers, running XP (we were on Win98).  I am running a program called FACS on my UNIX server with FacetTerm.  When my computer guy installed the TCP-PRO, he said he had to configure the Classic version (?) because the PRO (looks & feels like windows?) would not work with FacetTerm.  I just want to double check this with you guys, to see if I can run the version I want and still use FacetTerm.  Thanks!  Jeri

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
FacetTerm
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 12:35:04 pm »

I upgrade to TCP-PRO because we had two new computers, running XP (we were on Win98).  I am running a program called FACS on my UNIX server with FacetTerm.  When my computer guy installed the TCP-PRO, he said he had to configure the Classic version (?) because the PRO (looks & feels like windows?) would not work with FacetTerm.  I just want to double check this with you guys, to see if I can run the version I want and still use FacetTerm.  Thanks!  Jeri

You could use Pro without any trouble, the emulation is identical between the 5.1 (pro) version and the classic (4.4) version. You can also install both versions just to try prove to yourself that they will both work. Just make sure you use the same terminal settings for the 5.1 (pro) client as you do for the 4.4 (classic) client.

unitedref

• UnitedRef
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re:FacetTerm
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 05:27:52 pm »

Thanks!  I have printed your reply and will have him install the Pro version for me.  Thanks again!  

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 14 queries.