ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Config Wizard Problem  (Read 1189 times)

Heath

• Place Personal Text Here
Config Wizard Problem
« on: February 18, 2005, 08:08:25 am »

I am trying to install ICE-TCP Pro 5.1.25 on a 98 computer.  When I get to the Config wizard portion of setup, I point to the location of the license info and click next.  At this point the computer will do one of two things.  One, the next button will become unavailable and nothing happens.  Two, an error message pops up that states "There is no license information in that folder."

Checked the permissions on the license share and it looks fine.  Even went as far as granting that individual user full control.  The user can browse to that folder without any problems.

After install failed I tried the floppy method.  I entered the user into the License Admin manually (six licenses still free) and then exported the license to the disk.  The sequence number that I added him to was number 54.  I then took the floppy disk to his computer and ran the config wizard from there.  The config wizard ran without problem, ...BUT

When I launch ICE-TCP Pro I get a conflict between two IPs using the same sequence number.  The strangest thing about this is that they are conflicting on sequence # 1, not 54.

Why did the user not receive sequence # 54 when I ran the config wiz from the floppy?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Config Wizard Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:34:47 am »

I am trying to install ICE-TCP Pro 5.1.25 on a 98 computer.  When I get to the Config wizard portion of setup, I point to the location of the license info and click next.  At this point the computer will do one of two things.  One, the next button will become unavailable and nothing happens.  Two, an error message pops up that states "There is no license information in that folder."
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=12
for an explanation of the error.
The TCP5_USER share HAS to be full control for everyone while getting a license.
Run licenseadmin on the license server machine and clieck on the users tab to see if you have any open licenses.

Checked the permissions on the license share and it looks fine.  Even went as far as granting that individual user full control.  The user can browse to that folder without any problems.

After install failed I tried the floppy method.  I entered the user into the License Admin manually (six licenses still free) and then exported the license to the disk.  The sequence number that I added him to was number 54.  I then took the floppy disk to his computer and ran the config wizard from there.  The config wizard ran without problem, ...BUT

When I launch ICE-TCP Pro I get a conflict between two IPs using the same sequence number.  The strangest thing about this is that they are conflicting on sequence # 1, not 54.

Why did the user not receive sequence # 54 when I ran the config wiz from the floppy?
Use the following method under tips and tricks.
http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=19;start=msg480#msg480

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.