ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Header Bar  (Read 732 times)

scottcamp

• Always Lost
Header Bar
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:13:33 pm »

I have a question. The people at my Company use telnet pro to open several sessions with the same host at the same time. In the very top header bar, it says Telnet Pro - and the host address. Is there a way to make it say Telnet pro - #1 , #2, etc. So they don't get confused which production directory they may be in?

thanks

Scott

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Header Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:56:21 pm »

The name in the title bar can only be the DNS host name or ip address. If you are going to two different areas (logins?) for the same host and want to differentiate between them you could make 2 entries in the host table with different profiles and set something different, for example the foreground color. I do this on my machine to keep logons to different machines straight (for example, one has a cyan forgrounnd and another has white).

pwright

• Place Personal Text Here
    • Wright Computer Services
Re:Header Bar
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 01:19:13 pm »

You can also go and edit the hosts file on the Windows XX box and then instead of typing in telnet 192.168.xx.xx you could simply say telnet accpay or telnet payroll.  Then your Session bar will say Telnet Pro - accpay or Telnet Pro - payroll.  That would also help differientiate.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Header Bar
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 01:31:41 pm »

Nice idea, thanks for the post!

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.