ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP PLUS and VPN Client  (Read 1170 times)

bwaiser

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE.TCP PLUS and VPN Client
« on: July 21, 2005, 01:23:14 pm »

I am using ICE.TCP Plus ver. 7.1 build 25 to login to a SCO Unix Server.  While connected remotely via my VPN client, there are some keys that if I press within my application that will lockup the ICE Client (i.e. [CTRL]+B, [CTRL]+X).
The support from the VPN group is saying that because the application is making a "back-connection", that is the reason that it locks up and that the VPN client doesn't support these "back-connects" that the software is initiating.
Do you know anything about this?  And, if so, is there anything that can be configured within ICE.TCP that would initiate only a one-way connection with the client?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 03:02:42 pm »

Doesn't sound likely however what are those two control keys supposed to do?

bwaiser

• Place Personal Text Here
Re:ICE.TCP PLUS and VPN Client
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 03:05:41 pm »

the application we are logging into is called Cimpro.  When we login and are at a menu prompt, pressing [ctrl]+B will bring up a separate programming menu.  Is it the ICE.TCP application sending the back connection or is it SCO Unix doing that?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 03:41:26 pm »

The application, Pro just sends a control-b. However I don't think it really can open up a "back channel". That would require something to be listening on the windows machine and PRO will not do that.

Just for testing purposes, install the 4.4 (classic) client and see if you get the same results.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 14 queries.