ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: upgrading to Windows XP  (Read 1055 times)

piper

• Place Personal Text Here
upgrading to Windows XP
« on: February 03, 2004, 11:40:05 am »

I have 40 PC's running ICE.TCPPro. I have the administrators PC with the licenses, etc. The version that is on my PC is 5.0.53.
Some of the other PC's have 5.0 and the most recent 5 licenses have 5.1
I want to upgrade my PC to Windows XP via a new PC. I also have a remote usesr who has purchased a new PC with XP on it. What do I have to do in order to allow XP on my machine as well as the remote user. I would prefer not to have to upgrade all of the PC's with a newer version of ICE.TCPPro if at all possible. The other PC's in our company have either 98 or 2000 running on them.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
upgrading to Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 02:09:39 pm »

You need a version >5.0.81 see this thread.

yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?...lay;threadid=14

You should get an update to the current version. If you can't install the update you will have to delete the registry keys from your aborted install of 5.0.

If you update the admin server portion and install by BROWSING to the TCP5_USER share on the admin server you will be able to get working versions on XP. You really should update all of the PC's. You probably will be OK with this procedure however if you run into trouble we can't help you in a mixed environment with versions <5.0.81
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:43:39 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 14 queries.