ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: VPN Connection Errors  (Read 2277 times)

tyoung

• Place Personal Text Here
VPN Connection Errors
« on: September 19, 2005, 06:22:09 pm »

For a little over 1-year I have been connecting to our network via a SonicWall VPN Client to Sonicwall Firewall/VPN by a varity of means, i.e. Dial-up, DSL, Cable, etc.

I have not had any problems until now.

We have a site with no DSL or Cable available. We do not want to go dial-up.

We are using a Verizon Wireless "National Brodband" internet access.
When I was testing the configuration I was getting a 41% to 63% signal strength. with speeds in the 700K to 1M/bit range. Now that the system is at it's perminate location we are receiving 100% signal strenght (they are next door to the cell site). I can

I normally do not have any problems

But with the wireless VPN I have received Telnet Pro Errors at my main office during testing & at the permante location.

I receive these errors even though I still have an established VPN tunnel. (I can view & take control of the desktop).

I have received them seperatly & together.
I can not establish a Telnet Pro session when I receive these Errors.

1)Telnet Pro  Connection Error, Can't Create CAquiraius Window

2)Unknown 17620856

Version Information
Telnet Pro        5.1.25
Dejavu (OCX)        5.1.25
Network Toolbox        5.1.25
FTP Pro        5.1.25
FTP Pro (OCX)        5.1.25
FTP-Win        5.1.25
LPD        5.1.25
ICElp        5.1.25
UpdateWizard        5.1.25
ICElp Configuration        5.1.25
Version Information        5.1.25
Language Configuration        5.1.25

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
VPN Connection Errors
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:40:39 am »

Do you get the errors every time or sporadically? If every time, did you enable port 23 through the VPN? You can test using ms telnet.
start->run type in telnet and the ip address and hit enter.

If the problem is sporadic you have a network routing problem or a connection that's going up and down. Telnet is a connected mode protocol. It can't tolerate connections that go up and down, even momentarily.

tyoung

Re:VPN Connection Errors
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:22:10 am »

I do not think your software is the problem but since Telnet Pro is the only thing not working I'm tring to determine what these "Error Messages" mean to see if I can tweak the system.

I can find no Information on:

1)Telnet Pro  Connection Error, Can't Create CAquiraius Window

2)Unknown 17620856

When I first installed the wireless modem and established the VPN I was unable to get Telnet Pro to establish a connection all day. I verified that the firewall was configured to allow telnet port 23. The next day I had no problem establishing & maintaining a Telnet Pro connection. When we relocated the system to our other location Telnet Pro fired up fine for several hours then I received these "Errors again. There is also a third error message I fogot to write down.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
VPN Connection Errors
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 12:14:25 pm »

Did you do the telnet test I suggested??

If telnet works it's probably a problem in your install. Check this thread... (Make sure you have compatible license server and client versions if you have to reinstall).

http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=367;start=msg1228#msg1228

tyoung

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 02:12:57 pm »

Yes I tested telnet.
I VNC into the computer & telneted back to our unix server here.
3 computers & two passes through the VPN tunnel.

I remember the 3rd error.

I said to run the Configuration Wizard.

I received this error while the machine was still here & I ran the Configuration Wizard.

I was surprized to see this error again at the new location. Our firewall is not configured to pass NetBUEI so I did not run it again. Also after a reboot it has been working.

C

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
VPN Connection Errors
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »

It's actually pretty hard to lose the sequence number. The only thing that comes to mind is that you overloaded a very old working version with a new version or vice-versa.

Anyway you will have to get a sequence number either by temporarily opening your firewall for windows networking access or by moving the license folder and configwizard to a floppy or other removable media (or email, etc) to get it to the remote machine. See the other posts on remote installs...

tyoung

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 06:38:58 pm »

About a year ago I cleaned up the Licenses file.
Currently I have 24 of 25 licenes assigned (some of those are dead machines I can delete)

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 21 queries.