ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE.TCP PRO issues printing to a Copier  (Read 2090 times)

CopierTech

ICE.TCP PRO issues printing to a Copier
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:02 am »

I am a copier tech trying to fix an issue for our customer who uses ICE.TCP PRO. I admit I know nothing about ICE.TCP PRO and DejaWint. Basically, ICE.TCP PRO won't print to their copier (This is actually an intermittent issue, but most of the time it won't print). The machine doesn't show that a print job from ICE.TCP PRO/DejaWint was sent to it.

I've gone into: File -> Local Print Setup and selected the correct local printer. I've also gone into Settings -> Configuration and clicked the PC Print tab. Enable PC Printing is checked and the correct print driver is selected.

We have the driver properly setup on their Window 7 computers. I can print from any other application in Windows (Word, Excel, Adobe Reader, I.E., Test page, etc.). Just when they print from INC.TCP PRO/DEJAWINT nothing prints out.

Here's their info on ICP.TCP/DEJAWINT:

ICETCP 4.4, 32 bit 4.4.30
Emulation Version: 7.10b/32
Windows Interface Version: 8.5

The copier they're trying to print to is a Konica Minolta C454e (copier firmware is up to date). I've tried getting them to print using a Standard TCP/IP Port (Raw and LPR Protocols) and a UNIX LPR Port. We've tried different driver versions and also tried the PCL and PS drivers.

Let me know if you need any other information. We're just trying to keep our customer happy and fix this issue if it's possible. Thanks.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: ICE.TCP PRO issues printing to a Copier
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:32:53 am »

Try checking the box in front of Raster Printing (File > Local Print) and reselecting the printer.

CopierTech

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »

Thanks for your response. That did not work. It's still not printing anything from ICE.TCP PRO/Dejawint.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:09:27 am »

Just to be clearn, when you say "intermittent", do you mean it works for some and not for others?  If so, you might be able to copy a file from one PC to another.  For pass-thru printing you want to us the settings in the File menu; you might want to uncheck Enable PC printing in Settings > Configuration.

CopierTech

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 10:54:12 am »

What I meant by "Intermittent" is that they can sometimes print to the copier from ICE.TCP PRO and then it will randomly stop letting them print. This affects everyone at the same time (so it's either working for everyone at the same time or it's not). Right now, it's not letting anyone print from ICE.TCP PRO. They've never had the issue where it will work for some computers but not others.

I did have our customer try unchecking the "Enable PC Printing" setting. This did not work.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:15 am »

Raster printing should be used on all of the PC's.
The copier/printer can lock up if someone sends it incorrect codes.
If you catch the copier/printer not working you can try power-cycling the copier/printer to see if it was locked up.
Remember that the windows print queue will likely pause in that situation and will have to be un-paused.
You should make sure that the driver for the copier/printer is up to date on ALL of the PC's.

Beyond these steps, I don't know what else you can try. The raster printing is very basic and if you've done the above it's pretty certain the problem is not with PRO.

CopierTech

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 11:13:42 am »

Turning the Raster Printing ON did fix the issue. Thank you.

I know Deanna mentioned it before, but I guess the customer checked something else. I went out there and turned Raster Printing ON and it fixed their printing issue. Thanks Bob & Deanna!

Page created in 0.009 seconds with 15 queries.