ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Ice.TCP Pro 4.4  (Read 2196 times)

astout

• Place Personal Text Here
    • Krause Corporation
Ice.TCP Pro 4.4
« on: September 30, 2005, 07:41:54 am »

I have about a dozen users that when they start up Ice.TCP first thing in the  morning it sits there with a black screen for sometimes up to 5 minutes before it connects.  I've done a complete wipe/reinstall on these machines.  On some, it seems to help a litte, but the problem always resurfaces.  I have some VERY frustrated users at this point and I don't know what to do to fix it.  I haven't made any changes to the Unix server it's connecting to - so I don't think the problem is there.  It must be on the client PC because about 3/4 of my users work fine.....

astout

• Krause Corporation
Re:Ice.TCP Pro 4.4
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:48:21 am »

I forgot to mention that this is on Windows XP Pro machines that the problem occurrs....

astout

• Krause Corporation
Ice.TCP Pro 4.4
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:15:08 am »

okay - I checked one of the problem computer's event logs - I get this:

Hanging application deja32.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Hanging application ntvdm.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Fault bucket 127132899.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Ice.TCP Pro 4.4
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 02:06:09 pm »

I don't think any of those microsoft messages mean anything. It is more likely to be a DNS issue. Try windows telnet (start->run type in telnet 1.2.3.4 and hit enter (replace 1.2.3.4 with your unix machine IP address)). I'm thinking windows telnet will do the same thing.

astout

• Krause Corporation
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 07:16:12 am »

I can get in fine with Telnet - it logs right in with no delays or problems.  It's definately an Ice.TCP issue.  I have another older emulator that connects with no problems also.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Ice.TCP Pro 4.4
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 08:13:11 am »

What's the terminal type set to? Number of lines?

Try unblocking dejawint in exceptions in windows firewall.

Try the 5.1 client to compare.

astout

• Krause Corporation
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 08:20:26 am »

WYSE60 - 24Line
That's a good thought on the firewall.  I think most of my users have it disabled.... that would explain it only doing this on a few machines.  I'll let you all know how it works.

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 21 queries.