ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: emulation issues  (Read 898 times)

mercuryelectronics

• Place Personal Text Here
emulation issues
« on: November 02, 2005, 02:40:10 pm »

We are using a database application called filePro.  We are trying to move from a SCO server (where we used SCO's Termvision emulator) to a LINUX box (where we are using Telnet Pro).  We have ICETCP v5.1.25 running on on XP workstations.  We are having the following problems.

1. In filePro the delete key does not perform the same.  It used to back you up one screen, now it does nothing.  I figured we need a charcter map to tell ICETCP what to send when the delete key is pressed, but I don't know what that should be.  Any ideas?

2.  We have the terminal type set to ANSI (25 lines) the same as our SCO emulator was and filePro like this.  However, when I do an ls the text color changes.  Any idea how to fix this?  filePro's graphics don't work with the Linux terminal settings.

Thank you,
Dan Snyder
Mercury Electronics
717-854-9557 ext. 224

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
emulation issues
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:04:23 am »

Ansi emulation is geared to SCO ansi. It's too bad you can't use the linux emulation with your app because that would be the ideal one to choose.

I would try at386 or att605 and see how they work for you. Both work nicely here on my linux system.

Page created in 0.008 seconds with 21 queries.