ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: TCP Pro keyboard lockup  (Read 725 times)

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
TCP Pro keyboard lockup
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:19:46 am »

We are experiencing intermittent keyboard failures on the machines that have the new software.  I've spoken with DDS, and they don't have any answers.  My computer man came by yesterday, and he suggested that I ask J. River...so that's what I'm doing here.
We have one wireless keyboard and one hard-wired; they both have experienced lockups during data entry in the program.  We have no lockups operating online programs or any other programs on our PCs.  Is there an incompatability issue between ICE PRO and DDS concerning keyboards?  I would appreciate any light you might give on this subject...I'll pass the information on to my computer guru.  Thanks for your help.
Ver 5.1.25

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
TCP Pro keyboard lockup
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:43:04 am »

Are you sure it's the keyboard locking and not the sessions hanging? You could try turning on keepalives in the profile.

If that doesn't help, download the old version that uses the system mfc42.dll library. It's at:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/tcp-pro-demo119.exe
run a user install over the top of you 5.1.25 install on a misbehaving PC and cancel out of configwizard when it gets there.
Report back.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 21 queries.