ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Config Wizard error  (Read 1487 times)

rogleu

• Place Personal Text Here
Config Wizard error
« on: November 16, 2005, 10:09:26 am »

After downloading and running the latest ICE.TCP Pro ver 5.1.25
The config wizard pops up with a warning " Note: some options are not available under Windows NT 5.0" and after that another screen shows check marks on "Obtain a sequence number for ICE.TCP" and another check mark on " Select a config. Profile" but grey out on the third option " Confirm Microsoft TCP/IP"
I have tried the same installation on another PC with the same result and cannot connect to Unix server.. I have 10 licences and it shows on the licence file that I have 10 users.
I have not used ICE.TCP Pro for serveal years and the connection that used to work is not there anymore... Is there anything I can do to revive the usage of this program...?

Thanks
Rogleu

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re:Config Wizard error
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:57:18 pm »

Hi,

The messages in Config wizard and the check mark boxes and grayed out ones are exactly what you get normally when running ConfigWizard so there nothing wrong there.

To properly diagnose the problem please answer the following questions:

What version of Pro did you have originally installed? Was it earlier than 5.0.81?

What error message do you get when you try to connect, or, if there is no message, give the details of what happens.

When running Configwizard, do you get an error when you are at the dialog box for getting the sequence number?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Config Wizard error
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:39:24 am »

The "configure microsoft tcp/ip" should be commented out. It's already configured!

If you have a sequence number, when you try to connect, do you get a login or a connection refused or something else?
Try microsoft telnet (i.e.)
start->run
type in telnet 1.2.3.4
where 1.2.3.4 is replaced with your host ip address, and hit enter.
If you get a login, your PC and unix host are setup properly, if not you have a routing or a firewall problem.

rogleu

• Place Personal Text Here
Config Wizard error
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:23:38 am »

Yes you are right that error message from ConfigWizard should be ignored..
I got connected finally with telnet..
Thanks for the help..

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Config Wizard error
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 01:14:07 pm »

If telnet works, Pro should as well. When you run configwizard it's important to put something in BOTH the user name AND comments fields.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 21 queries.