ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: There as an error reading the profile you specified  (Read 981 times)

jlong44

• Place Personal Text Here
There as an error reading the profile you specified
« on: December 02, 2005, 03:08:12 pm »

Hope you can help.  I've inherited a network running ICE.TCP Pro 5.1.19.

I had a duplicate license issue, so i deleted those 2 users from LicenseManager, and reran the configwizard on both.  One is ok.  The other gives me this "There was an error reading the profile you specified" error when choosing the default profile.

Also, if i try to open Telnet Pro, and enter in the host, it says "Failed to save string in the registry."

User is a local admin.  Same rights as all my other users.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, made sure i deleted the JRiver reg keys in between, and finally installed 5.1.25, but i get the same result.

Also, even though i've uninstalled and killed the registry keys, when i run configwizard, it autofills in the name and comment in the license portion.  Is this because of the computer name matching to a license, or is this saved somewhere else that i'm missing?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
There as an error reading the profile you specified
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:24:38 pm »

You still have a registry permissions issue. Usually deleting the J.River registry folders in both HKLM->Software-J.River and HKCU->Software->J.River fixes it. If that is what you did and it didn't help BUT you have gotten a sequence number (you don't get an error telling you to run  configwizard) then try OPENING up the permissions on the J.River folder AND BELOW in HKCU->Software->J.River. Check the previous postings. There have been a couple others similar to yours.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.