ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Reistall failure  (Read 1280 times)

Ken

• Place Personal Text Here
Reistall failure
« on: February 06, 2004, 12:42:40 pm »

I had a Windows 98 system crash and had to reinsall all of the software and O/S.

I am using Telnet Pro TCP/IP

When I reinstalled TCP-ICE I accected all of the default values and when the system went to login I did not get a request for a user name just "User Access Verification" and a password prompt.

The system is named the exact same name as it had before the crash, so I would think the licence would be the same.

What am I doing wrong? I am using ICETCP5

Ken

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Reistall failure
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 09:02:29 am »

I had a Windows 98 system crash and had to reinsall all of the software and O/S.

I am using Telnet Pro TCP/IP

When I reinstalled TCP-ICE I accected all of the default values and when the system went to login I did not get a request for a user name just "User Access Verification" and a password prompt.

The system is named the exact same name as it had before the crash, so I would think the licence would be the same.

What am I doing wrong? I am using ICETCP5

Ken

It definately is not a licensing issue.

Do you have another machine you can check the settings on to compare to what you have? I suspect it's a really a different host  than the one you were connecting to before. Try to find the IP address and try connecting with the address instead. Also, try windows telnet to see if you get the same prompt, do:

start->run->telnet 1.2.3.4

where 1.2.3.4 is the host ip address.

Ken

• Place Personal Text Here
Reinstall failure
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 10:29:54 am »

I was just getting ready to write back that it couldn't possibly be the IP address; I use it everyday and know it by heart.

Just then I noticed I had transposed 2 numbers and I was trying to login to one of our servers.

I correct the IP address and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the assist

Ken

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.