ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Local print problems  (Read 1940 times)

broncos7307

• Place Personal Text Here
Local print problems
« on: February 04, 2006, 06:22:33 pm »

I am having two problems with my local print, first when i go into my active profile and choose my printer it will not save it. The program always chooses my fax machine.

I deleted my fax machine and the program would then use the printer of my choice, However it will send the item i want to print to the spooler only it won't print. the main problem i can see is i will go to print and it will send 1,907 pages to my spooler. This must be a problem

any help would be great. I also believe i am using a older version of pro and when i go into the file and try and use the update wizard it will not allow me to search the internet for updates.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:33:57 am »

Find out what version you have:
help->version info

Don't change the active profile. It's only for session changes! Change the default profile (assuming you are using default).

broncos7307

Local print problems
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:54:48 am »

i actually changed the profile in both the default and the active the version i am using is

5.1.25 and the last time a tried to print something it put 2,400 pages to my spooler

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 09:13:08 am »

What manufacturer/model of printer do you have and what printing method (profile->printer->print method) are you using?

broncos7307

Local print problems
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 09:36:48 am »

i was able to get my local print working at my office however it is not working at home, the printer i use at work is an hp 5740 and at home it is a 4200 series. I checked all printer settings they are the same.

i am using the normal print mode in my profile, and changed the port to usb. my print processor is set on modprint and raw.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 10:16:37 am »

Is that the laserjet 4200 or the designjet 4200 (all-in-one)?

Try raster printing (especially if it's the designjet).

BTW, the device is only used if the printing method is direct, it's ignored for raster or normal.

broncos7307

Local print problems
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 10:29:53 am »

it is the office jet all in one

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:16:30 am »

Try raster and let us know.

broncos7307

Re:Local print problems
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 06:44:53 pm »

i was able to get me printer working using the raster setting thank you, one last question i can use the file transfer at work however it will not work at home my ip address or host address is different and i enter the host address that i use to log onto the system

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 09:13:41 am »

You probably don't have firewall access allowed for ftp from outside. Ideally you would want a static address at home so you can open up the firewall to just that one address. Also note that for ftp you have to opern port 20 and 21. Also, you may have to use passive mode in ftppro.

broncos7307

Local print problems
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 09:17:15 am »

will this require changing setting here as well as at home? do you have an insructions on how to change those settings?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Local print problems
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 02:19:44 pm »

You will almost certainly have to change the settings on your work side, you may not on your home side. If you can telnet from home someone must have already opened your firewall to port 23 anyway (better be sure it's not opened to everyone, there are a LOT of hackers out there).

I can't tell you the specifics of a particular firewall. You will have to get your network admin to do that...

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.