ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Weird thing happening  (Read 1077 times)

airwin

• Place Personal Text Here
Weird thing happening
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:56:14 am »

I have a weird thing happening with ver 5.1.25.  We moved our RS6000 back from one of our other location and gave it a new ip address, I have to install were the new address is saved in the host list, but will not auto connect to the new IP address, it just times out.  Yet after the time out you can type the address in the address bar and it will connect.  I have tried reiinstalling it, but when I login (as admin) everything works.  Just not as a reg users (local power user).  Any suggestions?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Weird thing happening
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:45:38 am »

Each user has their own host list. As the user that doesn't work, run telnetpro wait for the autoconnect to time out, edit the host list and delete the host that autoconnects (make sure there are no other autoconnnects in the list). Close telnetpro, rerun telnetpro, you should get a clean session, just type in the new host address into the host box. After connecting to the host, logout, close telnetpro, rerun it and see if the entry is in the hosts list.

If there is a problem tell us at which point in the process above you have the problem.

airwin

• Place Personal Text Here
Re:Weird thing happening
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 07:15:20 am »

Try what you asked.  The host name appears in the list.  Funny thing is when it is clean and there are no host names in the list it does not connect the when you enter the host name and try and connect. yet it will add the name to the host list.  Every tried making the user a local admin on the XP box.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Weird thing happening
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:29:44 am »

Hmmm,
try manually entering the ip address in the host line and change the port from telnet to 23 in the port line and do a connect. If it works, that new entry will show up in the hosts list. Next delete the non-working entry from the hosts lists and see if that solves your problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 06:44:26 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.