ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Keeping Track of Sequence Numbers  (Read 1832 times)

hemojr

• Place Personal Text Here
Keeping Track of Sequence Numbers
« on: March 16, 2006, 11:16:06 am »

I recently started to support a customer who uses a mixture of ICE Pro and DejaVu ICETCP 4.4 and possibly other products.  It looks like they have more licences (50) than PCs (35).  And there is no documentation lying around on your products or what PCs/users are using what sequence numbers, nor even a install CD.

However, I am seeing problems with duplicate sequence numbers knocking clients off.  

What is the best way to  get a handle on the sequence numbers? They are accessing an SCO Unix box, is there a finger-like command to list sequence numbers and IP addresses?

We may end up with several sequence numbers monopolized by a single PC that has had several users in the past who have left the company. How do I recycle those? (is there a registry key that holds these?).  Machines that crash are also an issue since we cannot get to them to find what sequence numbers they were using.

I have been setting up new users with DejaVu ICETCP 4.4.  Is this the client OK to use?  

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Keeping Track of Sequence Numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:23:53 pm »

I recently started to support a customer who uses a mixture of ICE Pro and DejaVu ICETCP 4.4 and possibly other products.  It looks like they have more licences (50) than PCs (35).  And there is no documentation lying around on your products or what PCs/users are using what sequence numbers, nor even a install CD.
Bummer. The manual is online though at:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/pro-trialware-manual51.pdf

However, I am seeing problems with duplicate sequence numbers knocking clients off.  

What is the best way to  get a handle on the sequence numbers? They are accessing an SCO Unix box, is there a finger-like command to list sequence numbers and IP addresses?
No, you run licenseadmin on the machine with the license server to view the allocated sequence numbers by user.

We may end up with several sequence numbers monopolized by a single PC that has had several users in the past who have left the company. How do I recycle those? (is there a registry key that holds these?).  Machines that crash are also an issue since we cannot get to them to find what sequence numbers they were using.
A machine can only hold one sequence number at a time. There should be only one sequence number per machine in the licenseadmin database.

If you have a RECENT copy of the 5.1 client you can see the sequence number in the registry. Search this forum for more info on how to do that.
I have been setting up new users with DejaVu ICETCP 4.4.  Is this the client OK to use?  
Perfectly fine. They can even coexist on the same machine. Though 4.4 and 5.1 each have to run configwizard to get a sequence number, they still only use one sequence number on a single machine. Make sure you are not running mixed versions of PRO older than 5.0.81 with any newer version.

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.