ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE Pro license  (Read 1434 times)

Drayche

• Place Personal Text Here
ICE Pro license
« on: May 02, 2006, 10:26:04 am »

I need to move a portion of Licenses from one ICE Pro License server to a new server I am creating on another site in the same company. I need some of the Licenses to stay at the old old site and some to go to the new site and have them all work. How can I do this?
Thanks,
Darren

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE Pro license
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:58:38 am »

Unless you have stacked licenses that you can unstack you can't do what you are trying to do.

You can however delete the users on the licenseadmin at the first site that you won't be using to free some up for the second site, put the license folder and configwizard on a floppy or usb pen device and then run configwizard from the floppy/pen device at the new location. When you are finished licensing the computers at the new location, copy the licenses folder back from the floppy/pen device to the licenseadmin computer at the first location. If you do this, uncheck "get config profile" when you run configwizard from the remote location.

Drayche

ICE Pro license
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 04:40:23 pm »

Thanks this will help alot, Just one question, Why do you need to copy the folders back to the server? All you have to copy back is the licenses folder correct? The config wizard doesn't need to be? If this is the case you can e-mail the liceses folder because there is no .EXE file. Just a little time saver idea.

Thanks,
Darren

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE Pro license
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:40 am »

You only need to copy the licese folder back to the server, not configwizard.exe.

When you make the floppy/pen device/email image, take configwizard.exe out of the TCP-Pro folder to put onto the floppy/pen device/email. Don't put the whole TCP-Pro folder on the floppy/pen device/email, you only need configwizard.exe. If you are using the classic client instead of the the 5.1 client, use configwizard44.exe in the TCP4-32 directory instead of configwizard.

Drayche

ICE Pro license
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:25:19 am »

Can I just sopy the config wizard file over to the C:program files/jriver/tcp5 folder so it is installed on the PC?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICE Pro license
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:33:23 am »

You can copy it to the program directory but if you put it at the same level as the licenses folder it will automatically find the licenses folder and you won't have to play with the path.

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 21 queries.