ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Printing: File > Print ... not printing anything  (Read 1321 times)

stevewa

• Place Personal Text Here
Printing: File > Print ... not printing anything
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:28 am »

Using ver 5.1.25, Telnet Pro, When I try File >Print Ctrl+P, it pops up a dialog to allow me to select the printer, but then nothings prints...

The printer is connected to LPT1 on another computer on the network, so under windows on this machine the printer is accessed by //TOM/TomLaserJet

I can print to this printer from other windows applications such as Outlook, it works fine, but through Telnet Pro, it does not print anything. So I think that rules out any access permissions.

I've read several posts in this forum, but nothing seems to help me understand how to troubelshoot.

The computer that has the printer connected to it can print fine, and another computer that is running a different version (ver 5.1.19) can print ok without any problems, but this does not.

I have looked at the printer settings under the profile, and it is set to the correct printer, and the print method is normal, print while sending is unchecked, and timeout is 3000. I tried fiddling with these settings and it does not seem to make a difference.

What else can I troubleshoot?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 10:16:10 am »

The meaning of the print dialog box has changed in 5.1.25. If you are trying to print the screen, just click on the printer icon in the tool box or do file->print screen from the menu pulldown.

stevewa

• Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:34:05 pm »

I have tried to print the screen, but nothing comes out of the printer. I watch the windows printer queue but nothing shows in it, i.e. no print job waiting to be sent to the printer.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:18:19 am »

Try "print while transfering" and NORMAL settings (change it in the profile you are using, exit from TelnetPro then restart TelnetPro.

If that doesn't work, switch to raster printing.

Of course you have to select the proper printer in the printer select box at top of the printer dialog in the profile.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 21 queries.