ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Sessions won't terminate  (Read 1245 times)

cssincwi

• Place Personal Text Here
Sessions won't terminate
« on: January 10, 2006, 01:44:48 pm »

When I terminate or disconnect an ICE Plus (build 25) session my SCO Unix Openserver Host (5.0.5) continues to show that I am logged in. If I run the "who" command it will show that I am logged in with the orginal user id & ttypXX. I have to reboot my Unix host to clear them up. The list of active users continues to grow even though most of them have logged off.  

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Sessions won't terminate
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 04:51:50 pm »

It looks like you have a problem with the version of openserver you are running. I would update to at least 5.0.6 (or look for a 5.0.5 tcp/ip patch) because there were know tcp/ip problems with 5.0.5. You could try to exit by closing from the Unix side to see if that works around it. The closing sequence is different depending on which side starts the close.

moodswingz

• Place Personal Text Here
Sessions won't terminate
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 02:37:07 am »

I have the same problem running ICE.TCP v. 4.3.1 on our AIX servers.  If users click the close button from the Dejawin screen instead of logging out properly, their sessions remained logged in on the AIX servers until we release their processes.  Is there a work around for this?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Sessions won't terminate
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 09:43:39 am »

It shouldn't matter which side closes the connection. Though the handshake on close is somewhat different depending on the side that starts the close, the connection should go away on the unix side within a minute or two when closed via the X box in dejawint (it goes away immediately when the close is initiated from the Unix side. The difference is because of logic of the 3 way close handshake in the TCP protocol).

There are a couple of possibilities here.

1) You are using an unsupported 16 bit product. Newer versions of windows have less than perfect 16 bit  support.

You could try the PLUS trialware on our ftp site to see if you problem is because of the 16 bit version

2) The AIX box isn't up to date and isn't doing the close properly.

You could check for updates to your AIX box. If you have version 4.3.3 or newer it's pretty straigtforward to get fixes for it online.

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 18 queries.