ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: FTP-Win 5.1.07 (ICE.TCP Pro)  (Read 1328 times)

djh

• Place Personal Text Here
FTP-Win 5.1.07 (ICE.TCP Pro)
« on: February 18, 2004, 08:06:44 am »

I am unable to save the connection information in FTP-Win 5.1.07 like I was able to do in the FTP client for Win 95 version 3.01.  The Save button is not active.  Each time I go in I have to enter the host's address and then the login information.  I tried using the ftpwin.ini from the 3.01 version but that did not work.  I am running the product on a WindowsXP PC and am connecting to a Unix server.

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 12:38:40 pm »

When the "Select Host" box comes up, click on the host name, then click on the button between "Ok" and "Cancel" sometimes this but will say "Edit" and sometimes it will be blank, but it should take you to the host edit box regardless. From there edit the info and press save.

The data is still stored in FTPWIN.INI which is usually in C:\Windows directory, but it might also be in the program directory. As far as I know, the older ftpwin.ini should still work with the new version. On XP and Y2K machines, make sure the permissions on this file, and the directory is resides in has read and write persmissions set for the user running the program.

djh

Re:FTP-Win 5.1.07 (ICE.TCP Pro)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 12:52:01 pm »

When the "Select Host" box comes up, the host name does not appear in a list to select from as it does with the older FTP-Win.  I have to enter the ip address each time.  From there it goes to the Edit Host where I enter login name, password, etc. but only the Connect and Cancel buttons are available there.  Save and Clear are are not available (are light).

djh

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 02:39:50 pm »

I got it working now!  In order to get the host to display where I could select, edit, and save it, I took the HOSTS file from a PC with the older ftp-win/ice.tcp software on it, and copied in into the directory on the WinXP PC where the ftpwin/ice.tcp pro software is.  The ftpwin.ini file is in c:\windows\ and it got updated when I did the host edits.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 14 queries.