ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICETCP PRO Upgrade problems  (Read 1316 times)

Brian

• Place Personal Text Here
ICETCP PRO Upgrade problems
« on: February 18, 2004, 09:25:35 am »

Our server PC had a meltdown and I had to reformat the hard drive and then upgraded to XP. I downloaded the trailware from the website & installed it & reassigned the users in LicenseAdmin. This is version 5.1.19. I uninstalled the older version on the cleint computers then reinstalled to them from the server computer. The cleints are XP's & 98's. I'm having a problem getting the 98's to run the software. When I run it the message I get is "new Telnet failed". Any advice?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
ICETCP PRO Upgrade problems
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 03:09:07 pm »

Our server PC had a meltdown and I had to reformat the hard drive and then upgraded to XP. I downloaded the trailware from the website & installed it & reassigned the users in LicenseAdmin. This is version 5.1.19. I uninstalled the older version on the cleint computers then reinstalled to them from the server computer. The cleints are XP's & 98's. I'm having a problem getting the 98's to run the software. When I run it the message I get is "new Telnet failed". Any advice?

Is "New Telnet Failed" the EXACT message? Are there any more messages?
If ther eare no configwizard or sequence number error messages, try running Microsoft telnet to the same IP address to see if you can get a connection at all...

start->run type in

telnet 1.2.3.4

Where 1.2.3.4 is replaced with your servers ip address.

Brian

• Place Personal Text Here
Re:ICETCP PRO Upgrade problems
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 03:16:06 pm »

Bob,
I think you helped me solve my prodle on the tech support line. If that wasn't you thanks anyway, it's fixed.

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 14 queries.