ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICETCP 5.1.19 Printing Problem  (Read 1500 times)

rirish

ICETCP 5.1.19 Printing Problem
« on: November 10, 2006, 03:22:35 pm »

Setup:
Windows 2000 Pro
ICETCP version 5.1.19
2 different computers, 2 different printers, same issue:

Printing does absolutely nothing. I've got 100 some-odd other computers, same exact configuration, and these are fresh installs. I've re-added the printers, 1 is an HP LaserJet 5Si PCL 5e, the other one is Sharp AR-M335N PCL 6. I've got multiple other computers same setup at the same locations without any problems.
I don't use LPD or ICElp, never had to. We connect to a Unix box.

It only happens on these 2 computers. I've made sure that the emulation matches, vt102. We can connect in, run whatever we want to do, but we can't print any of the screen data.
I can print from every other program on either computer, Office, notepad, wordpad, but I can't print from ICETCP, which sort of narrows down to a program issue. I've re-installed both computers, and same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I did look at other postings from current back to 2001, and nothing matches this.

Thanks!

--Rick--

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ICETCP 5.1.19 Printing Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 03:36:26 pm »

Get the latest version of the TCP.PRO update for that one PC, it will give you more printing choices.

To upgrade the existing system, run setup from the update, the user install only, choose 5.1 and cancel out when it gets to configwizard. That will allow you to keep all of your settings. In the default profile (assuming you are using default) under printing you can try the different print methods. If the printer is connected directly to the computer use direct printing. If it's a winprinter try raster printing.

After changing the default profile, exit TelnetPro and rerun it to reload the profile.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:08:49 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.