ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: configuration error 888  (Read 1135 times)

acsmastergleno

• Place Personal Text Here
configuration error 888
« on: May 30, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »

Hi,
My customer recently replaced several PC's, including the one that was the Ice License Administrator.
I'm running 4.4 (couldn't use 5 based on your recommendations re: local printer issues).  When I loaded & set up the License Admin on the new PC, I set up user sequence 1 as george, user 3 as bryan.  When I start up ICE on george everything looks fine.  When I start up ICE on bryan I get the sequence conflict message with the IP's for george and bryan, saying that sequence 3 has the problem.  I have removed both from the license admin, added them back, removed them and added them back as reserved, etc.
Do I have to reboot the PC that is the licenses admin anytime I change the license sequences?
Any ideas?
Thanks
P.S. All PC's are XP, the other 4 are running fine.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:20:29 pm by acsmastergleno »

jimn

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Artist
Re: configuration error 888
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:36:22 pm »

First, make sure there is only one License Admin, and, most importantly, only one license folder for the entire site. In other words, when adding a new user, you install the client portion of Pro on the new machine, but NOT the server portion (License Admin).

If there is more than one license folder, you WILL continue to have conflicts. Remove any extra license folders.

Second, Users should not be added manually using License Admin. If you added any users in the users tab of License Admin, remove them. Then go to each user's machine, browse over the network to the server machine's ICETCP5_User folder, and browse down to the 4.4 folder and run the ConfigWizard program (ConfigWiz44.exe ?) found there. This program will assign a unique sequence number to that user. Do this for any users that are getting conflicts.

You don't have to reboot the computer after making changes in License Admin; but DO NOT ADD users manually in License Admin. This must be done by ConfigWiz as described above.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 21 queries.