ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ConfigWizard could not determine O/S  (Read 1913 times)

deanguzman

• Place Personal Text Here
ConfigWizard could not determine O/S
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:05:10 am »

We're running IceTCP Pro v5.0 on mostly Win98 PC's connecting to SCO Unix ... this has been working great for us over the last 5-6 years. One of our computers died and replaced it with a Win2000 Professional O/S.  Now, when we try to reinstall the IceTCP Pro, we get this message when it tries to start the ConfigWizard:

"ConfigWizard could not determine the Operating System you are using."

From what I've read in this Forum so far, I tried upgrading the workstation client to the latest version 5.1.25 but that did not help me.

Would appreciate some help from the experts.

Thanks.

Dean

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 09:20:35 am »

You are probably trying to run the configwizard from the 5.0 install. This will not work. There are a number of posts here that explain that you cannot mix versions of 5.0.80 or less with newer versions.

What you need to do is to update the license server and then  un the new configwizard to get a sequence number on the new machine. Once you update the license server you will NOT be able to get a sequence number with an old 5.0 client so if you lose a 5.0 machine you will have to update it to 5.1

http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=306

deanguzman

Re:ConfigWizard could not determine O/S
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:10:47 pm »

Thanks, Bob.  Does that mean I'll have to re-purchase or is the upgrade and new sequence numbers free or charge? I have an existing activation key (card) - will that still work?  THANKS again. - Dean

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 02:18:22 pm »

Install the update on the server and following the instructions in the link from my last post (on upgrading the server).
Then do a normal network install from the new machine.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 05:18:11 pm by Bob »

djpogoff

Re: ConfigWizard could not determine O/S
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:44:11 am »

The person who began this issue never did get one of his or her questions answered.  I'll generalize the question further.  When are upgrades to TCP Pro free-of-charge and when is there a charge?

My client is running 5.1.26 and, when considering whether to advise an upgrade to 5.1.28, I can nowhere find an indication where the lines are drawn between upgrades with a charge and those that are free.  Please explain.  Thanks.

While off-topic for this thread (and this reply), I can also nowhere find release notes describing the changes implemented between 5.1.26 and .28.  Were release notes written or can this upgrade be described in a few words?

Again, thanks.

David    ;D

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ConfigWizard could not determine O/S
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40:59 am »

Upgrades, or updates as we call them, to the current version 5.1.28 are no longer free of charge.  The differences between 5.1.26 and 5.1.28 can be found on the Forum under the Version Information board.  Here's that link:   http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,852.0.html

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 18 queries.